Sunday, May 25, 2008

Missions Accomplished

So I'm coming toward the end of my stay here in Utah. Julia is sleeping and I gladly volunteered to stay here while Melody and Jonny attend church baby free. I think it goes by faster when I stay longer because I always think my leave is so far away. Whereas, if I'm only staying for 4 or so days, I think about when I have to leave everyday and try to pack as much as possible in each of the days making them feel longer. I still have two days to spend here with my family and the best part is that they are completely care free. No weddings, moving, or anything else in my way to prevent me from just relaxing and having a good time. I did develop a minor allergy feeling, sinus cold yesterday (it's inevitable that I get some sort of ailment every time I'm here) but I'm willing to take any drugs possible to push it aside. It's not going to get in my way. It's been wonderful staying here with the Rejholecs in their new adorable home. They have been most hospitable and I feel like Julia and I have become best of friends. Maybe she'll even remember me the next time I see her. It's bittersweet thinking this is almost over. It's been a whirlwind, but I've loved every second of it, and I'm constantly thinking of the moment I get to squeeze KC so tight. I don't like to go to weddings without my love. Luckily I had a lot to do.

So missions that have been accomplished:

KC's sister Michelle's wedding. It was so beautiful and elegant. Just like the bride. We were delighted to be part of the great event. And Janice, KC's mom, is so organized, we all knew just what to do and when to do it. A wonderful and memorable event.

The move. Thanks to my extremely sweet, selfless, and very missed husband, and some very willing and very helpful friends, were are now, as KC put it, poured into the new living quarters. He is doing what he can to get settled, but I've given instructions to leave everything strewn about and let me do the rest of the dirty work. Not only do I owe it to him, but I'd like to know where everything is when I get home. I was hugely relieved when he told me it was "done" (there's still much to do) and I can't wait to organize my new space.

And wedding number two, my sister Elise's. It was so fun to be a part of my darling little sister's wedding. Even though it was a lot of work, I felt like it was a great time for my whole family to be united. We all worked and laughed together the whole time and I just loved it. When you have a big family, it's amazing at how much you can accomplish together. It was another beautiful and elegant event that I'll always remember.

More details on all of these events to come.

Another tiny, but very important accomplishment was that I remembered to buy a couple packages of the raw tortillas at Costco since they don't carry them at ours. They are in the freezer now. I just have to remember to pack them.

So, of course, in a few days when I'm home and have accumulated enough energy, I'll post way too many pictures, and way too many details for from my stay. The pictures will partly be for the parties involved, and for my records.

There's Julia making some waking noises. I know she's not supposed to wake up quite yet, but I'm always so delighted when she does. You'll see why when I post the millions of pictures I took of her.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I am glad that you have been able to stay so long - we finaly got to see each other. (three times even!)

Susan said...

We've missed you, but I'm glad you've enjoyed your stay. I look forward to the pictures, I heard that Michelle's was so pretty from LindaMom. I'm sure your sister's was too. What a busy time in your family lately! Hopefully Tyra and Thomas didn't drop anything when they were helping Tom at the move yesterday!

Cami said...

Janey got that cold too. lame. Ok, I have some things for you to bring that I forgot! I am jealous that you get some time that isn't wedding prep time, but I'm glad to be home. It's hard to be away sometimes.

We'll see you when you get home!

melody said...

Julia and I really miss you this morning. I mean REALLY. We hope your day of travel is uneventful and you are soon home safe in KC's arms. We will see you again soon, we'll make sure of it!

Matt said...

It was fun to see you so much while you were here! Sorry we didn't get to see KC. We miss you dude. Glad the other wedding went well.

Woods said...

I am jealous you got to be with your family for so long! It sounds like you were super busy. I wish I could have been there for the wedding. I can't wait to see pictures of the festivities.