Monday, May 12, 2008

Recent events

Since there have been a few fun things going on, I'll just put up a couple slide shows with a few captions.

Last Tuesday my sister Cami had her little baby Jane. It's been so fun spending some auntie time with her. I also love how the boys interact. Doesn't the first picture show how excited Ethan is? For all the detail on the birth and more (I mean a lot more) pictures, go here.



The week before that I had a big babysitting week while their mom played a main role in putting a friend's wedding together. We had such a fun time, and KC did a lot with us on the weekend. Here are some of the happenings.



My mom flew in the day after the baby was born. It was perfect timing and it's been a bonus having her here for Mother's Day. The M's day dessert was pretty good and I'll post it on EE pretty soon. We've had so much fun shopping, cooking, vegging in front of classic movies and mindless TV, while we take turns with the little Jane. I love my mom and all she does for all her kids. She's always worried about all of us and wants to make sure we're all okay. It's not easy with seven kids in seven different situations, but she manages to do it so well. She couldn't have come at a better time. I needed her more than ever right now and I have really been blessed to have her by my side this past week. Cami was able to kindly spare her last night so she could sleep over and help me clean and pack a little for the move. I'm flying to Utah for the weddings tomorrow (I get to fly with my mom! KC has a later flight so he won't miss so much work.) so I'm getting a little stressed that KC has to make sure it all gets done and moved up stairs by the time I get back. I won't even be coming back to the apartment when I get home. I get to come home to a house of chaos with boxes and piles of stuff all over the place. I don't mind doing the organizing when I get home, I'm just getting apprehensive that is all has to be done without my direction. I want to get as much done as possible, but KC will be back before me because of work (I will miss him so) and will live here for about a week before the actual move, so I don't want to have it totally cleaned out. And it will give him something to do on the lonely nights without me. But I am happy to get away for almost two weeks with my family. It will be a welcomed change this summer.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your moving pains!!! We had a few miserable nights before we got things settled enough to be able to relax. I would be worried about leaving my husband alone with it too--having just done it, there were a lot of things he was willing to do but didn't want to until I could tell him where I wanted it to go, etc. I promise it ends though--it's been just over a week and we are feeling almost completely settled. I'm sure K.C. will do great, and we're looking forward to seeing you!

Lili and Jeff said...

Emily!!! I am so excited you are coming home! Our whole family will be here for my wedding! How perfect will that be!? And congrats on the bigger apartment! Jeff and I will surely have to come back there to have a stay in one of your spare bedrooms! And also, if you end up back here over there summer, Jeff and I have 2 extra bedrooms as well! We rented a 2 bed 2 bath apartment!! For super cheap! It is awesome. ANyway, I can't wait to see you in about 2 hours!

Woods said...

Moms are the best! I love your mom so much! I miss her too. I'm so happy that you get to go home to see your family for a while. That will be a nice break for you. I'm sad I won't be in Utah to see you and the beautiful wedding! How Fun!! I love you

Kristy said...

We are heading to Florida the same day as Michelle's wedding so I am bummed we will miss you guys! I wish we could go to her reception. bummer... Well, I hope you all are doing well!!! And I love seeing the experiments as well!

Sarah said...

she is beautiful!

Hope all is going well with you. Glad your mom could be there with you. You have a great Mom.

I am excited to see you soon!

Susan said...

Ditto to what Sarah said. Good timing to have your Mom around, for so many reasons. I hope you can really relax and enjoy your time with your family, you deserve it!

Unknown said...

sounds like things are busy busy. I can't wait to see you soon!