Thursday, May 29, 2008

And so it goes...

Here I am almost a week being back home with the details of my trip. I always think it's more fun, and faster to read if it's in list form. But if you actually make it through all the pictures, you make up the time it would've taken you to read a whole novel on my trip. But I wanted to make sure everyone in them had access, and this is the easiest way, so please don't feel the need to look through all three of four hundred, or something like that.

Wednesday 5/14:
  • Mom and I flew out of Baltimore. It was so nice to have a flying buddy.
  • We stopped at Amber's house where she and Melody were about to start preschool. I got to see Julia for the first time since Christmas!
  • We went home to mom and dad's where I got to see Drew for the first time since my wedding day! And the engaged couple Elise and Jeff were also there to greet us.
  • KC's place came in later. His parents picked him and and swung by to get me so we could sleep at their house that night to prepare for the big wedding weekend.
Thursday 5/15:
  • In the morning we did various last minute wedding tasks, and a little shopping. I saw one of my high school friends at a store in Orem.
  • We picked up KC's sister Camille from the airport.
  • We had a wonderful time with all the Robinson side friends and family at Michelle and Cisco's wedding dinner at Carrabas, one of our favorite places.
  • We all raced home after to watch the office finale that had us all laughing to tears. It was such a classic. The Kevin storyline...the best.
Friday 5/16:
  • The big day of the Wedding!
  • Camille was getting a last minute haircut so I thought I'd go with her for a last minute eyebrow wax. Turns out I didn't quite have enough to wax, but she insisted on plucking a little. I thought it was nice of her, until she rang me up for $10. Seriously, I can pluck myself thanks.
  • The ceremony was at the Provo Temple, just blocks from KC's parent's house. It was beautiful and they looked so happy. It was fun to hear Grandpa Carlson perform another sealing. It reminded me of our wedding day.
  • We had a nice lunch that Janice had prepared with all the relatives. We rested a bit and got back to work decorating for the reception at a newish venue, Noah's Ark.
  • It was a gorgeous day and a lovely reception on the tented roof. We especially loved the ice and custard dessert they had.
  • My parents left us a car and we drove to Melody's new house to sleep over. We were pretty exhausted.



Saturday 5/17:
  • Melody, Elise and I had planned to go get massages at the Utah College of Massage therapy, and were really looking forward to it. We knew the lines might be long, and we were right. We wouldn't have gotten in for hours, so...
  • We called KC and Jonny and got everyone at my mom's house, minus Drew, to come with us to breakfast. We ate the most delicious Kneaders breakfast food. As much as I wanted a massage, it was much more fun to be with everyone, especailly since KC was flying out that day.
  • My parents and I took KC to the airport where I had to say goodbye for the next week and a half. Not fun. I don't like to dwell on this part.
  • We stopped at NPS and got many treats, and then they dropped me off at the theater where Melody, Jonny, and Katy met me to see Prince Caspian. Thanks again for treating M&J.
  • We had a fun bbq at Amber's, where I got to play with the tiny new kittens. I was in love.
  • I went home with the Rejholecs where I stayed the remainder of my nights. I think we watched Lost, or the Office or something.
Sunday 5/18:
  • We walked to church. It's quite entertaining with Julia. I forgot how loud Utah sacrament meetings are. So many children.
  • We went to my mom's where everyone came over and we had delicious dutch oven shredded pork. Matt also contributed a container filled with a mass of melted gummi coke bottles complete with a pair of scissors to cut it apart. That boy.
  • As I was going to sleep. I watched a bit of Nacho Libre, since everyone in my family is always quoting it. A total classic.
Monday 5/19
  • Melody and I did some errands, one of which is my new cell phone. I'm still getting myself oriented to it.
  • We met up with a good friend Sarah, for lunch at a cute bakery Flour Girls and Dough Boys. It was delicious and so fun to catch up. I also Melody and I downed a huge cinnamon roll and I bought jalapeno cheddar bread and a cream puff the size of my head, for later.
  • We went to my mom's to put Julia down and take a break. We watched Lars and the Real Girl. I loved it! I seriously need to watch it again. It was so touching and I highly recommend it.
  • We went on a grocery run, and went home to make dinner. I think it was Italian sausage and rice stuffed tomatoes tonight.
Tuesday 5/20
  • Melody had preschool today, so I went to hang around at Amber's while they taught downstairs. It was the last day for this class so it was low key.
  • While they were teaching, I played with the kittens, painted my toenails, went to Target and picked up our Rumbi Grill Lunch, watched the ANTM finale (I wasn't expecting that outcome), baked a cake, played bubbles with them during recess, chatted with Todd about the acid staining he was going on the patio, and I think that about does it.
  • We went back home and rushed to assemble an ice cream cake we came up with for a little surprise party we were having for Elise since she's be in California for her real birthday. I like doing ice cream cakes at least a day before the event, but we realized no other days would work. We made a banana split cake with choc/staw/van ice creams layered with chocolate cake, oreos, strawberries and bananas. It didn't set up as much as I would've liked, but it was delicious all the same. Everyone came over to Melody's and we gave Elise her wedding present from all of us, a KitchenAid.
Wednesday 5/21:
  • We went to preschool again. Jonny surprised Melody with two dozen pink roses since it was their anniversary.
  • Mom and Dad picked up Cami from the airport and stopped by. Baby Jane had changed quite a bit and was getting passed around all the time.
  • While melody and Amber stayed and taught, I left with mom, dad, and Cami.
  • We stopped at Cafe Rio and I'm so glad we did.
  • We rested and then got ready to all go to the temple for Elise's first time. It was so nice to be there, but I missed KC like crazy.
  • Another good friend Marianne and her husband Paul were babysitting Julia, so we got to chat with them quite a bit, until we were all tired. But not tired enough for a little ice cream, and them went to bed.
Thursday 5/22:
  • This was the day of the big preschool graduation. My niece Allyson participated even though she still has one more year. It was so cute to see all of them do the actions to the songs.
  • All the girls, except Elise, went to the mall. We all splurged on some clothes. And I got my favorite onion rings at Iceberg. I've missed those babies.
  • We went home and Melody and I made a chicken pot pie for dinner.
  • While it was baking, the three of us made an attempt at a crossword puzzle, gave up to eat, and then vegged in front of Lost or something.
Friday 5/23:
  • We put Julia down for her nap at Mom's and a few of us went to get all the food for the wedding at Costco. I remembered to get my raw tortillas which I am happy to saw made it home still pretty frozen.
  • We happened to see my brother Matt as we were walking out. Usually I'm afraid to randomly run into people I know in Utah. It's a weird fear of mine, unless they are good friends. This was an exception.
  • We got everything for the food organized and had an idea of how we would lay it out.
  • Jillian, and Katy had a dance recital so I did their makeup, they got their hair all curled, and the Rejholecs and I went to see the cute dance numbers. The girls were darling.
  • We then watched Beautiful Mind, which I forgot how great and sad the movie is. I watched a lot of movies during the trip for some reason.
Saturday 5/24:
  • The other big day, Elise's Wedding. It was such a beautiful ceremony, and gorgeous weather. It had been cold and raining for days, so even with a little wind chill, we were happy to see the sun.
  • We had a delicious brunch with beautiful toasts from the brothers, and a slide show that made everyone cry.
  • We rested a little while we figured out which Disney princesses we are online, and then had to get to work preparing the food and setting up the front yard to look like a reception.
  • The reception was absolutely beautiful. I hope it was just how Lili pictured it. It went just with her personality and everything was so cohesive. And it was fun to see people I know.
  • I ended up with a raw throat that day, but made it through.
  • This was also a big day for KC. He moved us in!
  • It was interesting to see two completely different, but equally beautiful weddings back to back.


Sunday 5/25:
  • Not feeling quite up to par, I skipped church, and offered to stay home with Julia. She slept most of the time, so her mom and dad got to have a little date at church alone.
  • We went to my parent's where we ate wedding leftovers, and watched the House Finale.
  • The Rejholecs and I got to visit Grandmother. It's always nice to visit with her.
  • After the baby was asleep we watched a most romantic movie, Persuasion. Not a good movie to watch away from you husband.
Monday 5/26:
  • You made it! Almost done!
  • We acutally didn't have to go anywhere right away. I leisurely packed up and we headed to the bowling ally where we met the Pecks, and Matt and Jack. I am sticking to Wii bowling.
  • We went to Amber's for a picnic (it was raining on Memorial day) and watched P.S. I love you, another movie not to be watched with out a husband to hold.
  • I had to say goodbye to the kids, and Julia. It was so hard. Jillian wouldn't let go, and kept saying things like, "I'm never letting go", "A million kisses wouldn't be enough". It was nice to have some comic relief at that moment.
  • We went to yet another movie, Indiana Jones. Pretty funny.
  • I realized I forgot my water bottle (it was new fancy one. I couldn't let it go), so I got to see the kids again. They are so precious. I just cried as I said goodbye to everyone.
  • I stayed at Mom's so the parents, Drew and I played a few rounds of Rummikub, and watched a little IT Crowd. My cold had peaked that day, so I was pretty exhausted and had to get up really early, so I fell into bed.
Tuesday 5/27:
  • My parents kindly took me to the airport bright and early, and I had a nice, uneventful flight, including a two hour layover. It was surprisingly pleasant, and I was so happy to see KC meet me at the baggage claim.
  • We caught up over dinner and he took me home to our new place.
  • Here are all the pictures, hopefully in chronological order. And if you start to get tired, remember that there were hundreds more that I took not included in all the slide shows.


And that leaves me where I sit now. In a house still not quite together. It's slowly getting there, and I'm not in a huge rush. I was surprisingly able to make well balanced meals from the freezer for the first few days back. I finally went on a decent grocery trip for the first time in a few weeks. It's good to be home but I really miss everyone back in Utah. We extend an offer to any visitors as we now have ample room for you to stay with us.

This post took me a few days to write and organize, so it might have also taken you that long to get through if you were interested enough to do so.

5 comments:

Drew said...

Hurrah, what a great recap of your trip. I'm sorry I wasn't as good to snuggle with during the sad sad movie, and also kind of sorry I didn't go to the Kneader's breakfast and the bowling, but glad for all the other fun festivities.

And the ice cream cake was still fantastic, though I'm sure a few more minutes in the freezer couldn't have hurt.

melody said...

This post is everything I hoped and dreamed it would be. And so was your time here for us! We'll leave the air mattress inflated in the spare oom so it is ready for you and KC ANYTIME.

Woods said...

WOW! It looks like you had so much fun! All of the wedding pictures and the pictures of you and Mel make me so homesick. I wish we still lived right down the street from eachother. I love when you laugh cry!! I miss you guys so much. Oh, and I would never wear makeup if I looked like you!! You looked gorgeous in that "No makeup" picture! I miss your sweet family. I feel like we haven't seen eachother for the longest time.

Unknown said...

phew...nice re-cap! looks like you had a great time with all the festivities. It was nice to see and chat with you at the wedding!

Sidra said...

We're sorry we missed seeing you guys while you were in town! Sad, sad, sad, but it seems you had a packed schedule. But please let us know next time! (Well, maybe I should check your blog more often...then I would have known) Tell KC "Hi" for us!
Scott & Sidra Morris