Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Anticlimactic

That’s how I feel about Halloween as an adult. Even though I have kids now, they go to bed around 6:30, so there wasn’t much of a reason to get too into this once much-anticipated holiday. And it didn’t help that it fell on a Sunday (and unlike Utah, where the state collectively decides to hold the festivities on Saturday, our area celebrated on the Sabbath). We did the best we could, trying to make it memorable, despite the lack of bedtime friendly activities.

We adults did try to get into the Halloween spirit a little. We found out about this jack-o-lantern campfire thing a couple weeks ago. It was pretty fun, but a few minutes was all we needed until we made our way to a diner for milkshakes and pie. 040043

While I was getting over a nasty sinus infection (and still feeling some lingering symptoms), the others went to the ward Halloween party/chili cook-off the Friday before. From what I hear, there were a lot of good chilies, Jeff's being the first gone. Luckily I had a taste test before they took it away to be devoured. It was awesome.  Lili has more details on her blog.

I’ve never been one to get too into dressing up, but it would just be sad if we didn’t do anything with the kids. This is not their first Halloween, but last year they had only been home a couple of days, and really weren’t even supposed to be born yet, so I didn’t have much of anything on my mind but feeding charts, and sleeping any chance I got. I think we did acquire some post-Halloween clearance candy, which was just what we needed. Anyway, you’d think triplets provide the perfect opportunity to make an adorable trio of coordinated costumes, but like I said, we weren’t going anywhere, and I didn’t want to spend money on three costumes that would only be used for picture taking and memories. So I decided to just get them some pajamas they already need, and turn them into costumes. Win, win. I thought monkeys were a good choice, since I found all these cute little footie pjs. H&M had these adorable hats, and we had three little monkeys as cute as can be. I have a million other ideas for Halloweens to come when they can walk and such. It will be so fun when they can enjoy the fun this holiday brings.

A

IMG_7734

BIMG_7622

RIMG_7702

IMG_7644

IMG_7685

IMG_7689

On Saturday we all went out to eat at Five Guys. The babies always love new surroundings to make noise in (good thing they have a back room that we had to ourselves). Penny was especially cute in her Halloween attire. That girl has style.  It so great that we get to spend the holidays with the Ribeiras this year. We have a lot of fun in store this season. Bring on Thanksgiving! DSC_0185DSC_0257

8 comments:

Woods said...

Oh they are so adorable in the pj/costumes!! I think it's a brilliant idea. I'm sure you are having a blast with Lili. I hope you're feeling better. Oh thank you thank you for the adorable gift! You are so sweet!

melody said...

The monkey hats/jammies are totally perfect. They babies look hilarious! And I agree, now that Halloween is out of the way let's bring on the winter holidays. (If only we could have them without the snow and cold. I know Drew will disagree. But I get tired of bundling up the kids every time we so much as step outside! Luckily the cozy holidays and plans for a ski weekend have me looking forward to winter this year.)

Ben and Kelli said...

They're so adorable, and so big! I love the monkey hats, way cute!

Janice Graham said...

That's what I'm talkin bout -- multiple uses for Halloween attire. Yes! Can't stand how cute they are in those hats.

Sarah said...

I want a costume where I wear pjs and a comfy hat!

Janice said...

I spy three little monkeys in the wood. Grandma longs for a squeeze and a hug and many cheek kisses.
Too cute.

Anonymous said...

Cutest three little monkeys I've ever seen!

Amber said...

3 little monkeys jumping on the bed...Katy also had piglet jammies for her 1st Halloween! I think Jordan had batman ones once too--those are the best! I hate to say it, but Halloween just gets worse and more stressful as the kids get older. I almost hate it...