Monday, November 01, 2010

Our Dream Team

The babies finally got to meet some of the special people that had a very large role in getting them here. It’s been a long time coming, but we were so happy to visit our fertility clinic last week, and show them the beautiful babies we all worked so hard for. I would have loved to visit sooner, but we were hibernating the first 9 months of their lives, and then there were a couple broken appointments due to sickness or bad timing. So one day I just decided it was the day to make it happen. Luckily the doctor was in, and we were invited to come during their lunch break for our little reunion. 059

The team welcomed us with open arms, and the babies, though tired, were little sweethearts. Our doctor kept saying how “Tremendous!”they were, and they all loved the stroller too. (I swear, more people notice the stroller now than the children in it. I must say, it is incredible breezing around corners and through doorways like nobody’s business, and that can’t be said for many triple strollers. So worth every penny and annoyance it took to get it.) We talked about the pregnancy, the babies’ development, and a lot of other things. It was kind of a whirlwind with all the questions and babies being passed around.  The doctor mentioned how pleasant it was working with us. I told him that I recalled a few instances where I wasn’t always so pleasant, but he assured me that we weren’t at all high-maintenance compared to some others. Ha! Could’ve fooled me. I thought I was a nightmare. 060

My oh my, how going to that place brings back memories. I was going back and forth from that building very frequently for over a year. I experienced some of my lowest lows, and highest highs there. As nostalgic as it is to go back and see all those familiar faces, I am glad it’s not part of my daily routine anymore. Even though we had the best outcome I could’ve imagined, I’m easily reminded of the uncertainty and anxiety, and sometimes hopelessness I often felt there. But I am very honored to have been a part of such an amazing process. It still blows my mind what is possible with modern medicine. 061

We left after a short visit, feeling so grateful that all our hard work has paid off. It was an extremely hard time, but I can truly say that I would do it 100 more times  if it meant I could have these hilarious, smart, darling children in my life. We left with such wonderful feeling of peace, something I never thought I’d feel when leaving that building. But I am so happy to be in this chapter of my life now.

4 comments:

McKayJoice said...

You are beautiful Emily, if I was tuning into your blog today there is no way I would believe those big babies would have come from that skinny cute little mom.

I love your family, you all just glow.

SassyMama said...

Glad you had a great reunion.

In my book there is nothing better...

Anonymous said...

What a cool experience.

I'm so glad you got to be mommy to those three angels. They are so lucky!!

Janice said...

What a boost and rewarding visit for the entire staff. I wish I was there to hug them all too - the miracle of the Robinson triplets never ceases to amaze and humble me.