Thursday, November 18, 2010

Who DOESNT love the fall?

We live in a neighborhood completely immersed in old, tall trees. Who knows what these trees have seen over the centuries, being so close to the nation’s capitol. I love how the trees tower over the unique hoses and canopy every street. The colors are still amazingly bright, and have been for a few weeks. We’ve tried to take advantage of this anticipated time of year by spending the nicer days outside.

There is a gorgeous lake nearby, and one afternoon last week, I just needed to get out, so Elise and I took the kids for a brisk walk along the trail that surrounds it. It was just what I needed. I didn’t realize how much I was craving that cool fresh air, and a little exercise as well. It had been cold and wet for a while before that, so beautiful day was a very welcomed change. I enjoyed that walk so much, that the next day I asked some friends if they wanted to join us for a morning stroll. It was the most perfect, brisk day. Sweaters were stripped off with the sun being so warm. I hope there are more days like this before the really cold weather hits.021024

On Sunday, we found ourselves with another afternoon that needed to be filled with something productive and distracting to avoid fussy babies getting on our nerves. We all made our way to a neighborhood park, and had a blast. All the babies loved the swings for a while, but what they loved the most was being able to roam far and wide on the grass. Luckily there weren’t any acorns for me to swat out of their hands over and over. I could tell they were feeling a bit cooped up at home lately, so they needed this exercise and freedom to reboot. Again, the cool fresh air was so refreshing. I almost felt like a kid again as I was playfully chasing after the babies, and twirling them in the air. I loved their little red noses and cheeks. (And this time Alex is sporting blue. Sorry about the confusion. I’ll try to be more consistent in the future.)DSC_0410DSC_0433DSC_0455DSC_0491DSC_0541DSC_0532DSC_0550DSC_0548

It may look like I’m kicking my sweet Ruby in the face in the picture below, but this is not so. She is a few feet behind us, and we were well aware of her position while shooting this picture. DSC_0562

Thanks to Lili and Jeff for all the great pictures and videos that evening. It’s rare that I’m in pictures with my kiddies. And of course there are more if you want to take a gander.

7 comments:

Janice Graham said...

What nice writing and fun slide show Dad and I enjoyed over breakfast. Thank you Mimi!

Drew said...

I love the jumping picture! Poor Ruby's face, ha ha. I love keeping up with the poopsies through photos and blogs.

Cami said...

OH I miss those trees! It looks like a grand time at the park! Huzzah for the jumping pics.

Janice said...

Great start to my day - a new Emily's Post! I love fall too. Pictures of all those babies are a wonderful treat. Thanks

Matt said...

Fall in MD is a sight, for sure. Love the shot of Rubulous flying straight out. Ha.

melody said...

Oh, the trees in the East. You really are lucky to be surrounded by those towering beauties. I love the picture of you holding Ruby close. Perfect candid.

Michelle and Cisco said...

I can not believe how fast they are growing. Alex and Bennett have the cutest hair! I love how long it is getting with the little flip. I have been looking into flights because i miss them way too much to not do something about it! Thanks for the posts to hold me over until i get to see them.