Friday, November 05, 2010

So that’s how it feels.

I never knew what if felt like to have kids that occasionally slept in. I had heard it’s just wonderful. And this morning, I found out that it truly is. When I woke up to see the 7:00 looking at me from the nightstand, I really couldn’t believe my eyes. KC and I just laughed as we heard the giggles coming from the nursery. I had actually woken up an hour earlier, and was just as amazed that it was still quiet (it might sound crazy to you that I consider this an accomplishment, but 5 am is usually when they think it’s time to play), so imagine my excitement when I got another hour of sleep! Their nights have been a roller coaster as of late, with Alex waking up around 3 for a few nights in a row, sometimes keeping us up for a couple hours, and sometimes bringing others to the all night party, though they are pretty good at sleeping though each other’s cries for the most part. New teeth have been a part of it, but I also thought it might be time for a later bedtime. So we moved it back a half an hour a few days ago, and it has done wonders for us. They slept a whole extra hour the first day we tried it, and it just keeps getting better. And the night-wakings, have been short and sweet, if any at all. I am so glad to have had that inspiration before I started dropping naps. I need those two naps for as long as possible. I know this sleeping-in thing might not last, but when your three children all decide to sleep in on the same day, it is something to be remembered, and I’m going enjoy it, even if just for today.

And I think this blog is in need of an update:

Elise and I took the kids to Ikea a while ago. They loved the mashed potato and meatball kids meal. We definitely drew some looks from the crowd (remember how my kids can be kind of loud?), and made some friends too. The best part was they were nice and fed when we got home, so they went straight to naptime. 005

I bought this balloon for their birthday, and it seriously stayed afloat for two months. I wouldn’t have thought the price of $6.99 was that steep, had I known it would last so long. The babies loved playing with it while it was around. It was kind of sad to see it go.013

I hosted book group this month. We read The Hunger Games (like every other book group), and I actually had some fun with the food. It’s not too often that I spend more that a few minutes in the kitchen for recreational purposes,  (I’m usually just cutting up grapes, or making oatmeal), so it was refreshing to cook just for the fun of it. There wasn’t as much of a crowd as I had anticipated, but I don’t hear any complaints from certain husbands that live here.  If you’ve read the books, you’d know the significance of the berries, the goat cheese, and the freshly baked bread.IMG_7795IMG_7797IMG_7798IMG_7800

We love our new Costco! Anything to make grocery shopping more exciting, eh?003

It’s great that the van can fit everyone when Elise and I want to take the kids somewhere.005

Fighting over toys as usual.008

We ALL love when daddy comes home.016

This picture is to get Elise back for all the ridiculous pictures of me she put on facebook.037

Penny, cause she’s such a cute little munchkin.052

We found out they love playing with my hat collection. Bennett makes a pretty handsome cowboy, is you ask me.IMG_7778IMG_7779IMG_7780IMG_7787IMG_7790

And why not a few videos:

Sorry Ruby, bum-scootin’ does’t works so well on the grass.

 

One of Elise’s favorite things to do with Alex.

 

They have been saying quite a few words lately, and this is Alex’s latest.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who obsesses over my baby's sleep. :) I can't believe that they're talking! That's so cute!

Janice Graham said...

He said it!!! What a wild and crazy and wonderful life!

So glad they finally slept "in." Bet you thought it would never happen.

Sarah said...

Yahoo for more sleep!
What fun kids. I can't believe they are old enough to talk. So cute.

Lili and Jeff said...

WE are having some fun, fun times. I love the Costco runs, and we will have to do a Wegman's date sometime. We can always babysit one night, and then you can babysit the next! I can't believe the strides your babes are taking. Get a movie of Ruby doing the whole patty-cake routine for all to see!

And thank you for the lovely picture. I think it really reflects the inner me.

Unknown said...

It's ALWAYS nice to have a little extra sleep...Sometimes there's NOTHING better :)

And what the heck, pretty sure your little guy says thankyou better than my 2 year old. nice.

Nicole said...

I can't believe I missed the berry and bread goodness!

Cami said...

I always read these posts and then never get to comment on them because of monkey-head. SPEAKING of monkey-heads, they are adorable. OH the extra hour of sleep. We STILL get excited about it when we wake up before the kids. It's SO great.