Thursday, October 20, 2011

Anyone have any good wrinkle cream recommendations?

I might have gotten a little bit mad at KC the other night, when he reminded me that I was going to turn 27 the next day. I think I didn’t let myself remember on purpose. I mean, I wasn’t trying to block it out, but I get so tired of getting older, that maybe I subconsciously let myself forget. But if becoming one year older means having the great year that I’ve had, I guess it’s worth it.

My birthday was yesterday, and it was a great one. It was just what I needed. The babies slept in, I got to do some Pilates (the dark, windy, rainy morning not so inviting as I was preparing to go running), and we all enjoyed some birthday cereal together, which Alex now calls “Ceeoeeoeeoeeo.”I love it.

Elise and I made the day festive by taking the kids on a jaunt to Columbia, where we perused a fun book store, and went to the Mall. The play place there was a great one for the kids. The girls were angels, playing so nicely, Bennett, liked to play a game where he’d almost run out until I told him to come back, and then he would come happily running back. But Alex was a funny one. He’s been clingy in public lately, and right when we got there, he wouldn’t let go of my legs. Eventually he played around, only to come back to me a little while later, and buried his head in my chest for the remainder of our play time. When I’d lift him up, he’d keep his eyes closed, smile, and shove his head right back down. I gotta say, I loved those snuggles from my baby boy. After we left, we broke out some snacks (popcorn and apples were our shopping snacks of choice, and they worked like a charm), that allowed us to have a good time leisurely shopping around. 007009012

After what felt like a quick, and mostly cheerful afternoon (which was mostly surprising because the previous day had a MUCH different story. . .) KC, came home, I opened some gifts, and once the babies were down, he and I went out to a place in D.C. that has been on our list for a while, 2 Amys. It was a thoroughly delightful evening, complete with across the street, free parking, hardly any wait to be seated, and very delicious food. Not to mention I got some much needed quality time with my husband, who I love so much. And we were home before nine, which to me is a treat. You know me and my love of an early turn-in. I didn’t get a nap that day, so my warm bed was calling to me. It was a perfect, low-key, happy day to have a birthday. And it was incredibly sweet to hear my babies tell me happy birthday for the first time. It sounded a little bit like “Hap-ber Mommy!” I’ll take it. 025027028

I was able to chat with Melody a bit, as we do like to celebrate together as best as we can, being so far apart. We talked about how our respective families celebrated with us, and wished each other a happy day. I also got the babies to say “Hap-Ber Didi!” We did a little bit of celebrating when were together a couple months ago, so at least we had that. Hopefully next year we can actually be together on the real day for a change. One of there years we’ll get it right.

It’s weird, I just don’t feel like I’m past 23 yet. Where did the years go? I am now the age that KC was when I met him, and I felt like he was sooooo old. Mind you, I was only 19, but still. . . I do love being this age for a lot of reasons. I feel like, though I still have a lot of learning ahead of me, I have grown immensely from my early 20s (I’m so sorry for anyone who had to put up with my younger naïve self. I hope I’m not the only one who wonders “What was I thinking"?!”). And I am now old enough that people don’t look shocked and surprised when I tell them I have three kids. Well surprised still (we are in the East Coast, remember), but not so shocked, which is nice. I know I’m being dramatic when I say I feel old, but doesn’t everyone go through this when they hit a certain age? I’ll get over it. I am still in my 20s, and I’m going to enjoy it while it lasts.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

happy birthday cuz! i'm glad you had a good day - you deserve it. :)

Jules said...

Birthdays get more bittersweet every year... *sigh* Also, that food looks delicious!

GV said...

Oh! Don't you worry about the wrinkle creams now. U look awesome in those pics :) Really!

Happy Belated Birthday !

Top Anti Wrinkle Cream Review said...

I have just discovered your blog. Your blog is adorable, and interesting. I'm enjoy read your post.