Thursday, July 26, 2007

New friend and new do

So, my lovely split ends were jealous of KC's fresh ones so I made a long overdue hair appointment. I went in for a trim, nothing serious, and came out with this swoop type of bang. I found a picture in a magazine and just went for it. It grows pretty fast so it's fun to try new things every now and then. It's nice to have a new hair cut and still keep my hair long. There's not much you can do with long hair to make a change in your style. But any girl with bangs will tell you that going from having none, to having some, makes quite a difference in the everyday look and routine. It may not seem so, but it does. It will take a little more maintenance than normal, but I can deal with that. I still have the length that I'm not sure I will ever get rid of. One of these days, I suppose. I'm trying to talk Melody into some layers. We'll see if she complies. And don't worry that I'm wearing that same red pok-a-dot shirt in many blog photos. I really don't wear it everyday.So the new friend I speak of is this little beta fish.He's actually had quite a list of owners. About two years ago, we purchased this fish for a friend in our singles ward for her birthday. She lived in the basement apartment of our friends/neighbors/bishop and family. She went on a mission a year ago and left the little guy to the landlords. They have suddenly decided to move (a big bummer) and didn't think the fish would make it. We are technically fish sitting for the next six months, until the rightful owner returns to claim her little friend. His name escapes me now, but I know it translates to "fish bate" in Spanish.

9 comments:

Lili and Jeff said...

Your hair is so cute! I heart bangs, they add so much to a do, and turn a boring ponytail into a fashionable updo! So cute!

erika said...

Very cute! I am so happy that you went with the simple "bang-cut" instead of chopping all of your hair off! (don't ever cut your hair--it is gorgeous)

Susan said...

Have fun with those bangs, I bet KC loves the "many looks of Emily" since they look versatile!

We already know the beta is in good hands, as you've taken good care of Tyra's beta, Ruby, for all of last summer!

Cami said...

cute hair and lili face in the picture! That beta has really hung in there! Mine would have been dead by now.

melody said...

Ha - it is a Lili face! Or, does Lili do Emily faces??? I love your hair. Mine is next!

Sarah said...

Isn't it amazing what just bangs will change? I was surprised with me too. But now, I am envious of your hair and wish mine was long again.

Molly said...

I love your hair! Just when I thought you couldn't get more fashionable, you did! We need to hang out sometime soon and have a girl's night or something.

Amber said...

Love the bangs! Just now Allyson cut her hair all to heck. I don't know what to do but I am guessing she will have some bangs too. She is naughty when her friend Bella comes over--fingernail polish, water fun, hair cutting etc. Miss you....

Janice Graham said...

I didn't even recognize you at first!!! Cute bangs. I'll think I'll cut me some. You look like Lili a lot in that one pic!