Thursday, December 20, 2007

Almost home

Well, we are here at the Denver International Airport awaiting our flight in about an hour and a half. Luckily that have this free WiFi for everyone to use and it's been quite a nice way to use up the time. Actually, before I left home, I kept Matty's 100 things page open so when we were on the flight I could read it with out connecting. It has kept me with something to read while this slow connection tries to find everything I ask it to. Thanks Matt. Anyway, it was a semi-uneventful flight which is good. Quite a lot of turbulence and I was seriously afraid someone around me would puke. But no one did to my knowledge. Our shuttle driver from the parking lot was a character. In five minutes we learned how many years he has been married, how old he was when we got married (he was 19 and his wife was 16), how old he is now, how many kids/grandkids/great-grand kids he has and how he spends his time with them. One of his sons is a recovering alcoholic, so he drinks with his 28 year old grand son. More than you wanted to know? Me too. Anyway, he seemed to be filled with holiday cheer so it was alright. We almost volunteered to switch flight for a 100 dollar each voucher to put toward our next flight and get refunded for this flight, but a mean man stepped right in front of me and pushed his weight around taking one of the last two spaces they needed vacated. Anyway, we are almost home so all if fine and good. I had to take a few deep breaths and stop saying that I hoped that guy missed his flight, but now I'm fine. I stopped for a moment today in the midst of the long cramped and stuffy flight to realize hoe amazing it really is that this machine can carry hundreds of people every day across the country (to see our great families) in a matter of hours. It's easy to get caught up in the annoyances of it all, but I really am so grateful for the amazing resources me have.

I'm very hungry and looking forward to our big mexican feast with everyone that can make it (see schedule). We can't wait to see you everyone!. Here is a picture of us awaiting our flight. Don't we look excited. . . (We really are, even in the picture doesn't show it. We just want to get this flying over with.)

2 comments:

Cami said...

HA! Blogging mid-journey. That's awesome.

Anonymous said...

Hey you're here. I wish your schedule wasn't so full. I think everyone's schedule is full during this time of year. I hope you have a good visit and great Christmas. Love you!