Monday, December 03, 2007

Sad day

Well, I don't want to sound too dramatic about something so trivial, but I was very sad when this happened. On Wednesday night I was relaxing on my bed when I heard the terrible sound of one of my prized dessert stands sliding off the shelf onto the slate tiled floor. I was yelling "NO!" as it almost seemed like slow motion when we both just watched it fall and crash into a million little pieces. I had placed a heavy platter behind it against the wall, and it slid down pushing the stand with it. I have several stands, but this was has sentimental value. When I worked at Just Cakes, I would eye this one everyday. The ladies I work with really wanted to get it for me for my wedding so they told me not to buy it. So they did give it to me and I've displayed it in my home ever since admiring it every time I see it. I have broken 3 important things in the last few weeks and this was just the last straw. I didn't even look the whole time KC was cleaning. There were tears involved. I felt bad to keep talking about it to my very understanding husband so I called my mom, and my dad answered so he got to hear all about it. Poor dad. He was very sympathetic too. What a guy. It is silly to get to upset, so I wrote this to move on. Here are the remains. The cute little top knob even broke into pieces. Sigh...

4 comments:

melody said...

What a disappointment. I am sorry you lost something that meant so much to you. Glad Dad was there to listen after KC took his turn! They are both good guys.

Janice Graham said...

Aw. I have admired that stand as well. So unique. But I bet you can buy another one. All things in this world come to pass, don't they? It reminds of when I was drying and putting away dishes at my grandma's house and I broke a crystal tray. She exclaimed that it had been a wedding present. Ouch.

Sarah said...

that is so sad! I love serving trays! What a sad thing.

Amber said...

That is a bummer. I keep braking things on my granite countertop. Who's bright idea was it to put such a hard surface on the counter? Sorry about your cute stand. I hate when stuff like that happens.