Saturday, August 15, 2009

Cravings as of late.

I was woken up at 4 am to the familiar sound of my Terb. pump beeping at me that it is low on medication and needs a refill soon. (This happens quite frequently.) All I could think about during the hour that I was trying to go back to sleep after refilling the meds was a snow cone. I wanted one so extremely bad. It can't be ice cream, it can't be a Slurpee, or even a Ritas. I need a crunchy, icy, freezing cold, tangy/tart snow cone. I needed KC to get me some ice right then just to help me sleep without satisfying this specific craving. I have been wanting one for a while, but last night, it was more than ever. The sad thing is, I can't think of one logical place to get one. There aren't snow shacks on ever corner here, like there are in Utah. I might ask KC to go get one of those silly ice shavers at Target or something. That might help. I don't have many specific cravings, but the ones I do have usually revolve around things that are really cold.

Another weird thing I've wanted, but doesn't fit the criteria mentioned above, and I think this one has been around on and off for about 10 weeks, is cotton candy. Weird, since I hated sweets until about 19-20 weeks. I just want the texture more than anything I guess. It just sounds so good for some reason This one might be satisfied if my friend Molly finds me any at the Montgomery County fair today. If only a snow cone wouldn't melt on their way home. Usually I can't stand carnivals, or the smell/environment rather. But these two are pretty standard carnival/fair foods, and I can't stop thinking about them. Oh, when will the pregnancy oddities end?

And is it weird that anytime I hear, read, or see anything about Christmas, I become overwhelmingly thirsty? Maybe it reminds me of snow or something, but I usually gulp tons of water following any mention of the holiday.

Oh, and an update on the babies, and my latest appointment coming up.

4 comments:

Annie Mitchell said...

Try a 7/11?? The ice cream man can sell them you gotta be able to fins them in a convenience store, the snow cones:) I feel the cravings girl...mine has been Arby's:)

Cami said...

There is a snowcone place in Savage--remember? Corinne knows it. She goes all the time. I don't know how it would get to you . . .

Wendy K said...

I ate two freezer pops last night. They're pretty good.

Sarah said...

You need a carnival - hit two cravings with one stone!