Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Just some thoughts and happenings. . .

*I can't wait to sleep in the same bed as my husband again. Even though he sleeps on the uncomfortable couch next to me on occasion, it's just not the same. We cuddle in my little bed sometimes. It's nice.

*I officially hate monitoring (or when a certain nurse does it, rather. She makes me/mom/KC push down on all three heartbeat "hockey pucks" to keep the heartbeats in place for 30-60 minutes while lying on my back, and my belly doesn't like that at all, nor do our shaking hands. She's the only one that makes us do that. We don't like her.)

*I wonder how long my leg hairs will get by the time I can shave them again? Update: My mom just voluntarily shaved my legs for me. What a woman. That is love.

*I had another sonogram yesterday, and everything was great. I am very thankful for that news since 28 weeks is only days away! But when I jokingly asked if I could go home, the sonographer told me I was still their prisoner. Very funny.

*KC has finally sold my car. He is very relieved since now he can get crackin' on the van hunt. I was glad to not see the strangers drive off with my beloved vehicle. But it's weird to me that so many things will be different when I get home. My life just continues to go one without me. I wonder what else will be different when I'm freed from prison.
*My mom set up a tea party for me, complete with pastries, fruit, lemonade, and a tablecloth. It was so sweet of her, especially since it's hard work up an appetite for the same old foods every day.
*I've decided that french braids are the easiest/most comfortable way to keep my hair out of my face. So without make-up, I pretty much look like a 12 year old. And since I don't have my ring on, and my mom is with me all day, people probably think I am. Oh well.

*Is it just me, or do these clouds resemble stretch marks? I think I'm going a little loopy.

18 comments:

Hannah said...

oh man, Emily! What we go through for sweet kids as mothers! (And...you are going through more than most!!)

Not too much longer! What great stories you will have to tell your little ones about getting them into this world when you are lecturing them!

Unknown said...

That nurse is stupid.. what would she do if your mom and casey weren't there? ask her that next time she is your nurse. yes those clouds look like stretch marks! lol. Your mom is such a sweet mom. The things mothers will do for their children.. which you understand. Im sure that was delightful to have a little tea party! I love your mom! Just keep hanging in there. oh by the way I ment to say in the last comment that I hated those stupid cuffs they put on your legs.. so uncomfortable after so long. loves!

Luci said...

Oh my gosh. I LOVE that your mom shaved your legs for you. That is NICE!! You're lucky to have her.

Hope all continues to go well! I think of you often.

Sarah said...

I am so glad your mom is there to shave your legs, make you tea parties, and keep you company. She is the best. Tell her hi and I miss her :)

Sarah said...

PS - tell a nurse you like that you don't want that certain nurse anymore. It is not bad to ask for that.

k d L said...

i can't get over the fact that your mom voluntarily shaved your legs for you! how nice of her!!!! holy smokes! what an adventure.

Spilter said...

Emily that was a great post! I love the clouds they really do look like stretch marks. The tea party is great what a good mommy you have. I love she is trying to make this time good for you.

Janice said...

Tea Party! I like your mom's style. and I knew she would shave those legs sometime. great photos - where's the one of you in braids? Hugs.

melody said...

Ha ha ha about the clouds! Wish I could've been at the tea party too. I love how the table setting is complete with flowers in a lovely Styrofoam vase. Mom, you are the best!

Janine said...

Sounds like crazy times. I guess you can hope it is the only time in your life you are a "prisoner". It is nice to see how well you are being taken care of. I hope the time passes soon.

Chad and Bree Fowles said...

you are so brave! I love to read about this adventure of yours!! it's spo exciting even though your so far away. Can't wait to see these little kiddos.

Woods said...

Your mom is amazing and so are you! I wonder who you got that from!! Hang in there and keep us updated for sure!

Unknown said...

I love your thoughts. And the picture of your mother's tea party. Nice picture of her, too.

Cami said...

HA! those clouds DO look like stretch marks. Weird. The monitoring sounds dumb. I'm so glad mom is doing nice things for you and keeping you company. The shaving legs sounds like it would be heaven after a long stint without! Also, I'm a fan of french braids too. I did that to deliver Ethan.

The Girls' Mommy said...

I just heard about the bedrest! My goodness~ I feel for you, I do.

I was on monitors 27/7 and Gertie was my squirmy one. Each time she swam off monitor they would come in, find her, and TIGHTEN that strap down. Ooooo, that annoyed me. I also think I threw the leg things across the room one day :0

But it all worked out in the end :) I'll be thinking about you! So exciting!

Julia (Corinne's friend)

Shannon said...

no, you're not loopy, the clouds look like stretch marks!!! :)

I'm sooooo excited for you guys. Haven't checked up on you in awhile, so it's getting down to the end (well, let's hope the end comes as late as possible!!!), but congrats way belated-ly! Good luck being stuck in the hospital! You can do it! :)

Wendy K said...

After all the women have to go through, we should get more benefits than men. Screw the American idea that men and women should be treated equally! :)

Belinda said...

HI Emily
Sorry you have to be in the hospital. Its a drag but all worth it! This may sound funny but enjoy the peace while the babies are still inside you! I can't imagine caring for three when they are born! You will have your hands, your mom's hands and KC's hands full! What a triple blessing!