Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hi.

My mom and I have been having such a good old time, that I haven’t really found the time to post. We have been cooking up some new fresh recipes, watching a great BBC mini-series (Collision), among other great shows, exercising, and going somewhere with the babies everyday. I don’t think we’ve missed a day yet. The babies are always so happy to be out in the world, so we are more than happy to take them there. They are mimicking us like crazy, and turning into big kids way too fast. I don’t know how they survive all the kissing that happens around here.

There isn’t anything especially momentous say at this precise time, so  we just wanted to say hi, and show you some pictures of our everyday living. We do have some big and very exciting changes coming up, but I’ll need more time to get that post in order. Here you go.

  • Strolling through IKEA was great fun. Ruby somehow ended up with a few more toys in her stroller than we started with. 003 005 006
  • Loving the new straw sippy cups.013 015
  • We love Ruby’s tiny bit of curly Crusty the Clown-esqe hair (bald on the top, long on the sides).021
  • Daddy time is fun for all. I wish you could see how their faces light up as they hear the door open when he gets home from work. They’re like little jumping beans.028 031
  • We were so happy to get a visit from Molly for the first time since she moved to Virginia, and found it quite funny how crammed they are now when we try to fit them all on one lap.041
  • We are all fans of their little barricaded play corner. Who wouldn’t love to play in there?002060 061
  • Where else?064
  • A new game. They went wild looking at themselves and each other in the mirror. Ruby especially loved licking her reflection. 087 090094
  • The mischief begins.098105 108 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! These are such cute pictures! We have the funniest video of Millie licking herself in the mirror. Too cute.

And, it's so fun having your mom there! Tell her I say 'hi'!

Chad and Bree Fowles said...

Oh no the WIPES.....Stella STILL pulls those out every chance she gets. It is a greta time waster I guess. Lovin those babies and loving me some Ikea ( recent convert) Miss you guys. Hope your headed this way soon?

Janice said...

So grown up already. So much personality in their expressions. This post brought me much happiness.
I love how Ruby drinks her bottle AND manages to touch other things with her foot!

Unknown said...

ruby is emily. holy smokes. what a cutie. she looks exactly like you!!

Michelle and Cisco said...

This post made me so happy!! Thank you for knowing to post it when i am at my most stressful week. It was a nice little boost to keep going. I miss them more every day.

Unknown said...

Growing up fast, for sure.

melody said...

The mirror game is a great idea! And I always love pictures of them in shopping carts.

Oh, the wipes. I just had to put them up high because Gabe is crazy about that too.

Cami said...

Oh MAN that hair on Ruby. That picture is hilarious. Awesome play corner. Having them in there together must make them happy to stay. The mirror is the BEST! Love the licking.

Unknown said...

That picture of ruby and her hair is adorble...I love that massive grin!

That mirror game is brilliant...I will most definitely be doing that with number three.

Fun pictures. It looks like you guys have having a great time and staying busy busy!

Susan said...

That huge bursting grin of Ruby's is killing me. You have suuuuuch darling kids! We have pictures of Tyra in front of the mirror. She spent a loooot of time in front our closet (to the floor) mirror before she could crawl.