Monday, August 30, 2010

It’s Signing Time with Alex and Bennett, come and play.

Ever since we watched cousins Juju and Gabe enjoying their Signing Time, we thought we might as well give it a try. Every now and then we pick one up from the library and the babies are little angels as they watch intently. Baby Signing Time is definitely a fave. (I have to admit though, the repetitive nature of the songs, and the exaggerated expressions from the host can really get on my nerves, especially when the songs get stuck in my head for hours, but I can put up with it for the lovely quiet moments it provides. I even find myself  singing the silly songs as we go about our day. Oh, the life of a mommy.) Even though we are not super serious about teaching them signs, it really can’t hurt. And I guess they are picking a little up, as evidenced in the video below. I don’t think they really understand the meaning of this little action, and it’s very close to clapping so I’m not sure how impressive it is, but I will say they didn’t need me to show them what to do on this occasion. They just came up with it on their own (but we had shown it to them many times before). They probably just associate it with their animal crackers, or food in general, rather than actually asking me for “more”, but it’s cute anyway. Notice their different signing styles. Silly boys. For once, Ruby isn’t stealing all the limelight.

7 comments:

Cluff Family said...

They are the CUTEST things ever! Seriously!

Matt said...

Smiles are killing me. Love the signs too!

melody said...

Great signing! (Said like Rachel on the show.) I can't wait to see them show off their tricks in person. Less than two months now, you know!

Lili and Jeff said...

Those smart baby faces. Ruby was cute in the video too, even if she didn't do the signs. It is going to be weird when those babies start walking and saying things!

Cami said...

They are TOTALLY signing! I think they DO know what it basically means. That's the only sign my kids knew how to do. All you need to do is reinforce the word by signing and saying it at the same time, each time they do it, and reward them immediately with "more."

Ok, that is sounding very therapy. You don't have to do any of that because they'll probably just start talking soon. :) But GREAT job babies!!!

Janice said...

I love all their antics, giggles, smiles and dexterity with crackers. Counting the days...

Amber said...

They were really doing it! Logan came over and knew exactly what they wanted. Cute BABIES!!