Sunday, August 15, 2010

The More the Merrier!

I have a moment or two so I want to tell you what’s going on around here. You know how I hate leaving Utah every time we go because my whole family is there, and I really like them? Well, I am happy to say that Elise, my little sister, will now be moving closer to us! How close? Into our basement apartment!! This brings me so much happiness. We will have the greatest time, and with our babies being very close to the same age, we can be there for each other during the long boring days motherhood can sometimes bring. We also have plans to exchange babysitting for date nights, Sunday (or any other night) dinners together, and lots of movie/TV nights. It’s going to be a party around here, and I am very excited, if you can’t tell. DSC_0539

We have, of course, talked about the risks that are involved when living with family, but have decided that a one year lease is just right, and we can make it through anything in that short amount of time. Everyone will still have their own entrance, space, kitchen, etc. so we don’t have to be in each other’s way, unless we want to be. I just hope my babies aren’t too rambunctious for the downstairs neighbors! We can’t wait until September 30th when Elise and Penny arrive, Jeff only a few days after that.

This came at just the right time for me. I was feeling like a change needed to happen in my life. Being far away from family with these babies has been difficult. Yes we have had A LOT of wonderful visits from family, and I couldn’t be more grateful for everyone’s willingness to make the trip. But now that the hubbub has died down, I find myself wanting those close relationships around me ever more. (It is hard to enjoy your visitors and have a good time when you are desperate for help. Now it’s back to being about fun and enjoyment when people come over.)

I get a little jealous when I hear about the get-togethers in Utah, sometimes a few times a week, for the cousins to play, to have pot-luck dinners, or weekend campfires. I just know we’d have a blast joining right in. Not to mention giving me a little variety in the week. When Cami and her fam lived here, and Matt for a short time too, we felt like a good enough portion of the family was here to have our own fun. But since they all left, it’s been just a little lonely. We’ve been busy enough, and like I said, have had plenty of visitors to keep us occupied, but we are still lonely for our families that we love. Our social lives are surviving just fine with the great friends that we have become close to, but there is just something different about family, wouldn’t you agree?

Anyway, that was all just to say that I am a happy girl to have my little sister, who I love dearly, decide to share a year (at least) of her life with me. Not to mention her husband is pretty cool, and her baby is so scrumptious too.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

oh that is so fun! and it will be such a nice change for all of you Im sure! I understand....I get bored here somedays just me and the girls. That is very exciting and Im sure you will have lots of fun! :)

Michelle said...

Hey, I actually met your sisterin Utah in January at Kid to Kid! I recognized her from a picture on your blog actually and told her how I knew you from Maryland! I'm glad you'll have some family nearby. I agree with you--the fact that you'll all have your own space will make a huge differece and then living in the same house could work out quite well! Exciting times! What brings them to MD?

Unknown said...

You'll love having Lili, Jeff and Penpen around.

melody said...

Of course I am SO happy for you all. It will be a blast. I already can't wait to visit all the Marylanders in October. And I think already I feel another trip coming in February or so...

Lili and Jeff said...

Whoohoooooo! We can't wait for all the fun, fun times we are going to have! It is so perfect that you guys live where you do! I can't even imagine the awesome times we will have.

Cami said...

It's ALWAYS great to have a sister in your basement. :) I'm jealous, and I wish I lived there again. I'm for sure setting up my own trips out there as soon as I can. Who knows when that will be. I can't just keep going "home" for all my trips. Lame.

We miss you lots! We need to get that photog group up and running on the blog so you can participate via the webs. I did that for a long time with my group, and we would LOVE more pics of those poopies!!

Amber said...

I'm so happy for you! That will be so much fun.

Drew said...

Ominouuusssss!

Lili and Jeff said...

Drew, please tell me what you can possibly mean by "ominous." I really hope you were trying to be funny, or else that is really rude.