Monday, September 13, 2010

Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall.

There is just nothing like that first batch of brisk mornings when you can smell the fall in the air. Something just comes over me, and makes me want to make every day festive, whether it’s meeting friends at the park, walking to a farmers market, or just eating outdoors. (I’m also was incredibly tired of my summer clothes, and can’t wait to wear my new boots and sweaters that have been waiting patiently for me.) Bring it on! 

Here is a little catch up of the few fun things while the babies were in recovery (and I am happy to report they are all back to their happy, normal-breathing selves. Phew!)

Play groups take on a whole new meaning to me now. Before the kids came along, I would join my friends a play group for fun, but now that I have kids at home, seeing my girlfriends on a pretty regular basis is almost a necessity. Of course having my mom around, and soon my sister too, it’s not as bad as when I’m home alone with the kids all day, but we girls still need to get together for the occasional chat session. We try to meet at the park now and then, and the babies love it too. We just have to watch close because those darn acorns are just so enticing.  014 015017019 

Maybe it was because they were finally feeling better, or maybe they were still feeling sick, but something was going on one night when everyone turned little loopy. Three naked, crazy babies is quite a sight to be seen.

 

Mom and Dad said they had a wonderful time at the Jefferson Memorial while he was here. I was a little embarrassed to say I hadn’t been there in all the time I’ve lived here. The Sunday that the babies were still a little under the weather, we didn’t want to infect anyone at church, but still needed to get out of the house. We decided to take the short drive there and enjoy the gorgeous weather with a picnic. It was beautiful. The babies even had their pictures take by complete strangers. And we discovered that they LOVE hummus. I guess our adult picnic looked better than their blueberry pancake pieces.

 

And YES the babies DID turn ONE YEAR OLD ON SUNDAY! Of course, that post will take some time. There are hundreds of pictures to sort through (aren’t you all excited?!) and many thoughts to put together, but it’s up next so stay tuned!

6 comments:

The Owen Family said...

Your kids are so stinkin cute! My daughter who is 4 gets a kick out of them, she loves to watch the video's.... Keep up the good work!

Michelle and Cisco said...

hahahaha mad house is a perfect statement. So funny! I just want to scoop all of them up.

Lili and Jeff said...

HA HA! Alex looks like he is conducting some kind of crazy symphony in that movie. Those babies are NUTS! Can't wait to see them in about two weeks!

melody said...

Julia and I just watched the video of your wild one-year-olds. Julia says, "I like Alex and Bennet and Ruby dancing!" I guess Ruby's scoot and all the crazy arm flailing constitute as dancing. Can't wait to see this in person in a month from tomorrow!

Cami said...

Oh man, that was a mad house! At least it was a HAPPY mad house. Crazies.

Kathy Oney said...

Your whole blog is charming. The babies after nap was pretty exceptional....happy happy babies. They must busy themselves talking to each other in the dark until you open the door and turn on the light...And the limes and the birthday cake...You guys must be doing the right things, because they have grown and have such pleasant personalities. And you two look content and normal...Haven't pulled your hair out or anything drastic...I do have a question did KC's facial hair become a thing before or after the births? You're a charming little big family...and I love that stroller. Love, Aunt Kathy