Friday, March 25, 2011

Smoothie Pancakes

Feeling a little out of options while thinking of what I was going to feed the kids for dinner, my mind turned to pancakes. They love them. What kid doesn’t? And it’s Friday night, and breakfast for dinner is always fun. As I was trying to think of what else to give them, I thought of adding fruit to the pancake mix (I would’ve been ashamed to use it a few years ago, but now that stuff is a good friend of mine) like I usually do, to make it more of a one-griddle-meal. So as I was deciding which fruit to add, I saw the strawberries and bananas and thought of the delicious flavor they would add to the pancakes. And then as I was blending them until smooth before I added them to the mix, I thought of adding spinach because it reminded me of the smoothies we’ve been having a few times a week, and I always add spinach to those. So I blended in a few big handfuls, and added it all to the pancake mix, added a little more water, mixed it up, and started flipping. And there you have it, smoothie pancakes. And the babies ate a lot of them. I’ll definitely be making these again. I should also keep them in mind for future St. Patrick’s Days.064

077078080123

I should also point out these designer bibs the babies are wearing. We got them from my cousin Sara’s shop. Ruby even noticed the fine handiwork and adorable fabric. 103

4 comments:

Janice said...

Sounds delicious. I'm loving Ruby's curls. I can almost hear Alex saying 'ummm' with his smiley eyes while eating yummy pancakes. And I wish I knew what Bennett was trying to say in that picture. Darlings.

Sidra said...

We love our green smoothies, too! Say "Hi" to K.C. for us.

Cami said...

I would have saved those bibs for drool and outings!

I think I want those pancakes for ME. Yummy.

Lili and Jeff said...

Brilliant! Pancakes can hide anything! I gave Penny a smoothie this morning, which is another idea I got from you. Unfortunately I forgot to get spinach. Let us know about more clever, fun foods.