Friday, March 18, 2011

Month of Anniversaries

March, ironically, seems to be our lucky month. The happiest and momentous events in my life all seem to take place in March. I don’t mean for them to, of course. That’s just how my life happened. Just smelling the air outside this time of year just fills me with so many great memories. Let me recall:

March 27 2004—Moved across the country: This was a big step for my 19 year old self. I had applied to and been accepted to a culinary school, so I moved. This picture was taken the moment my dad and I finished our 3 day cross-country voyage. Leaving my family, most specifically my mom and sister (the others were still asleep) in tears at 5:00 am was one of the hardest things I ever had at that point in my life. But after a couple hours on the road, I was ready for the adventure that lay ahead. And any nervousness I had about moving to a new place quickly subsided when we received the warmest of welcomes at my sister Cami’s house where I was to live. A day I will always remember. Yikes, that was seven years ago!DSC01612

March 17, 2005--First kiss with KC: This was also the day we had what people call a D.T.R. (Define the Relationship) and decided that we’d like to take things to the next level, as they say. We’d been friends for a while, and then when he tried to pursue me, I didn’t want anything of it. I felt his time to woo me had passed, and we were better as friends. But after about a week of KC trying everything he could think of to get me to change my mind, I realized he meant business and a saw a new side of him that I really liked. So the kissing began, and it’s still going strong. (This picture was taken a week or two later.)KCsCamera 020

March 4, 2006—We got married: Yes, we just had our 5th wedding anniversary, and what a five years it’s been! We celebrated with a low-key dinner out, and talked about all we’ve been through to get to this point. I hope we fill our next five years together with as many good memories as the first. I do love that guy.n719516012_188952_782

 

March 18, 2009: Found out I was Pregnant: I must say, this was one of  THEE BEST days of my LIFE! Every detail has been forever ingrained in my brain. How upset and anxious I was during the blood test that morning, how frustrated I was at myself for putting myself though that agony again, how beautiful the day was, how I couldn’t stop the tears from flowing freely, how calm I felt at the temple, and mostly how incredibly and unbelievably happy I was when I heard the great news. It was more disbelief in the beginning, but turned quickly to gratitude and pure joy. I went from my lowest low to my highest high in a matter of hours. I’ll never, ever forget it. That was two years ago today!

March 30, 2009—Found out it was Triplets: Becoming pregnant at all was pretty overwhelming, but finding out we had three little heartbeats to love really put me over the edge. Of the three embryos we had transferred a few weeks earlier (this was our 4th and final attempt at IVF), one had failed, but one had split. I was thrilled, then terrified, then excited, then upset, all in those first few minutes of learning this news. We felt this was great news, but the doctors were giving us worse case scenarios. We had no idea what was to come in the next few months, but felt it was okay to be cautiously optimistic. I was in a bit of a daze all day. A happy daze. I still can’t believe those little smudges turned into the chubby kids I get to kiss all day. (This is my 8-week ultrasound.)   8 week us triplets

March has definitely been good to us. I wonder what else it has in store for the future.

11 comments:

Drew said...

Don't forget March 2008: When your beloved brother came home from valiantly serving his mission! Ha ha ha. I have always had something of a soft spot for March myself. I love that picture of you two amidst the blossoms so much.

Jules said...

OMG, you guys kiss??? Weird.

I happened to be present when Drew got the phone call about your positive pregnancy status on March 18th. I even have a picture of his teary-eyed reaction! Good times for all.

Sarah said...

What a good month! Congrats on all the anniversaries... except the kissing - gross ;)

Lili and Jeff said...

It is nice to have all those great things because March is usually such a slow, uneventful month. Yay for those things!

Megan Wilson said...

What a great post. Seriously. What a fun month for you. I think you should go out just to celebrate the month itself! It's so fun to read about your beautiful family. Glad you are doing to great.

Cami said...

BAH! I saw my old front AND back yard in this post. How I miss it.

March IS quite the month for you! It is the month I moved away from my home, so it feels a little sad to me. TWO YEARS ago!! Crazy.

Unknown said...

Wow, March IS quite the month for your little family.

Love the picture of you guys on you wedding day...you look so beautiful!

TLI74 said...

Just stumbled upon your blog, Found it to be a very wonderful one. Congrats to you and your family. Beautiful pictures.

mylittlegems said...

I'm glad March is such a good month for you :) even though it is my b'day- Feb/March seem to be the worst for Luck- for us!

melody said...

Oh wow, every single one of the days mentioned is SO vivid in my mind. The day you left for MD was not an easy one. But I was excited for you. And I remember exactly where in Provo I was driving while you told me some of this news over the phone. (I was rooting for KC the whole time.) The day you were definitely pregnant? I will never forget that. It was like a gray could suddenly parted and let in the sun. (A little sentimental, but very true. Looking back on the exact moment when I heard this news, I almost believe that literally happened.) So I guess March means a lot to me too.

Savannah said...

March really is your month! Not many people look forward to it but you have a lot of wonderful reasons to be excited for this month ( that I dread). Oh you are beautiful friend, I love seeing all of these pictures of you. It makes me miss 9th grade :)
Happy Anniversaries to you!