Saturday, November 12, 2011

And so it begins.

I’m feeling the Christmas spirit inside me already, and it’s here to stay. With decorations lining the streets, and music filling the air, why not embrace it?! I’ve penciled in Santa visits and Christmas Tree Lightings, and hope to fill my schedule even more as the season progresses. I can hardly stop myself from putting up the decorations already!  (Don’t worry, I am not tossing Thanksgiving aside, but including it among the holiday festivities!) See Ruby  feels it too as she checks out the Christmas ads.IMG_2956

We officially started our Christmas movie watching last night. The kids were in bed, we pushed play on Home Alone 2, and enjoyed a picnic on the living room floor, as we laughed at the predictable, ridiculous humor that that movie provides. It was so fun to tear off pieces of juicy rotisserie chicken with our fingers, and eat it with hot-out-of-the-oven rustic bread with any of the toppings I laid out, including goat cheese, avocados, basil pesto , apple jelly, and my grandma’s delicious tomato marmalade. Such a fun night with my man, and looking forward to many more like it as we make the most of this magical time of year.

IMG_3014

IMG_3021

2 comments:

Janice said...

Yum. Good times are ahead.

Cami said...

You know we're in the spirit of it all. Ethan has been listening to Christmas music for months already. But today at the store, I really did want to buy some Christmas dishes.