Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Learning the Christmas Vocabulary

The triplets have really taken to all things Christmas lately. It’s music to my ears as I hear them say all these new words and phrases, and sing songs that they were too young to learn last Christmas. They love to point out any snowman they see. Earlier today we were shopping, and upon entering the store, Ruby gasped when she saw an inflatable snowman and yelled “Fwosty!” They are constantly pointing out our “sockings” , and have also learned who “Sandy Caus” is, though I don’t think they know quite what he does yet. It only took one time of singing through “The Twelve Days of Christmas” for them to join in on “five golden rings!” toward the end. And of course they love any Christmas tree the see. We’re putting ours up tonight (a small, toddler-friendly one this year), so I’m anxious to see how they like it when they see it first thing in the morning.  We are also planning on keeping them up extra late to see witness our town Christmas tree lighting later this week. I think they’ll love it.

Anyway, my little chatterbox, Ruby, and I had a little bonding time  talking about Christmas while the boys were taking an extra long nap.

Having these innocent, sweet toddlers makes Christmastime even more magical than it already is. Everything is so new and exciting to them, it has a way of rubbing off on me. And it’s only just begun!

P.S. They are learning a lot of about the true meaning of this holiday as well, but that is for another post.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your little Ruby is such an angel. That video is so sweet!

Enjoy this Christmas season...it really is so magical when you have little kiddos around!

Sarah said...

So cute. Christmases just get more magical the older they get. (well, at least for the first 3 years).

So I was just watching that video of Ruby and was just overwhelmed with joy for you. You are such a great mom - I am so happy you were blessed with three beautiful tots!