Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Make it work.

When Elise found out that the one and only Tim Gunn was going to be at Annapolis Mall, we marked our calendars. Lucky Brand was putting on a fashion show, and he was the host. With that being our favorite local mall, and always feeling up for a kid-less shopping trip, we thought, “Why not”.

Last Saturday, we arrived at the mall a few minutes before the fashion show was scheduled to begin, and could barely stay together as we pushed through the hoards of people.  It was mostly under control with the exception of people occasionally picking fights with security guards, and I nearly had an anxiety attack when I saw people trying to push double strollers through the wall of people. But soon, Mr. Gunn made his appearance, and the crowd went wild. We stayed for about two minutes of the show, and decided we’d seen all we cared to see.  018024027

After some shopping, we came back to see what the haps were. If you spent $100.00 on Lucky merchandise (so, one pair of jeans), you were eligible to have a signed copy of his book, and a picture taken with him. As much fun as it would be to see what he had to say in our 15 seconds together, the 200-person line was not enticing in the least. We left feeling like we got exactly what we came for (after stopping at the Clinique counter). It was the little bit of entertainment I needed that weekend. I guess I’m not really a super-fan type person, no matter who it is. I was more than happy to get out of there and go see the people I really care about. I’m pretty sure I’m their biggest fan out there. And I get to see then anytime I want, without standing in a ridiculous line.IMG_2727IMG_2733IMG_2730

3 comments:

Jules said...

I think if I had the chance to meet Tim Gunn I would be super excited then chicken out at the last minute, for fear of what he'd think of my clothes...

Janice said...

Love their smiles. Ruby and her 7 blankets. I can hardly tell which one is Alex and which is Bennett!

Cami said...

Good call.