Sunday, November 13, 2011

Back to Fall

I know, I was all hyped up about Christmas in the last post (and I still am) but I am truly enjoying every second of this perfect season we’re in before the cold hits. We have had the most ideal fall here. With the exception of a few rainy cold days, we’ve been graced with mid 60s sunny weather, which, when paired with vibrant colored leaves, is really remarkable. I mean, where else does a major highway look like this? (The picture doesn’t really do it justice.)038

I’ve been outside as much as possible lately. Walking around the lake has been a favorite pastime, as usual. With the leaves at their peak, it’s even more gorgeous. We like to feed the geese and ducks while we mosey along the trail. The kids think it’s hilarious, and try to throw their cereal snacks far enough for the ducks to eat it, but in only ends up a few inches from the stroller. 043046

Running has been one of my favorite parts of this fall. I can’t get out the door fast enough in the morning. And now that it’s not pitch dark at 6:15 AM anymore, it doesn’t feel quite as eerie as I wind through the streets. Though I usually don’t mind running in the dark at all. I like the feeling of solitude it brings. I’m really dreading the freezing weather, knowing it will be harder for me to make it out every morning, but I’ll try to make it work somehow.

Of course we make it to the park as much as possible. I think the kids crave the outdoors as much as I do lately. They beg to get out, and really light up when they’re playing in the fresh air. This winter is going to do a number on all of us. IMG_3001001

So, I just wanted to give a little plug to our wonderful weather, and gorgeous surroundings. It might have sounded redundant, but this time of year makes me so giddy, I wanted to write about it some more. I think it’s time for another picture update before all the festivities begin. I’ll get working on that. . .

2 comments:

Cami said...

As always, I'm jealous. I miss it so much.

Janice Graham said...

I am all caught up on your posts! What a treat. Love, Mom