Thursday, May 24, 2012

Baby Evelyn

So, it’s fun when people among your family or close friends has a baby, right? What’s even more fun is when your twin sister has one! Melody gave birth to Evelyn Paige on May 11, and it has been torture ever since that I haven't been able to hold that darling little girl, and give my sister a giant hug for her hard (drug-free) work, and to welcome her in to the families-with-three-children club! Luckily I had already purchased tickets to Utah before she was born, so I was relieved I would see them sooner than later. IMG_9442

This pregnancy has been different for me than her others. I wanted kids desperately the first two times she announced to me her wonderful news. I couldn’t help but we happy for her, but I wanted so badly for us to experience this together as we have with so many other things in our lives. I imagine it was harder on her than she ever let on, and I feel terrible for that. I got pregnant with the triplets about halfway through her second pregnancy, and it seemed like the weight of the world was lifted off of both of our shoulders, and we were at last in the same blessed boat we had longed for. It may have only been a few years, but they felt like long ones. I think I speak for both of us that when she told me she was pregnant this time, there was nothing but unbridled joy all around, and it felt so good. Although I was always so happy for her before, it was clearly different, now that I can truly share what she is going through. I feel so close to that little baby, like Melody’s other children, even though I haven’t even met her yet, because of the closeness Melody and I share. It must be those twin powers at work. IMG_9494

So, I will shortly be on my way to take in all the baby love going on over there in Happy Valley! I’m leaving the kids in the capable hands of KC and his parents who were going to be passing through anyway. Lucky guy.  The kids will be more than thrilled with their undivided, and unexhausted (at least for the first couple of days), attention. And I will be free as a bird. I get to see my other new niece, Stella, too! They will be visiting from Hawaii, and I can’t say how excited I am to a child-free aunt for a few days. If the triplets knew any better, they’d be super jealous that I get to go see “Baby Elevan”, and “Baby Stella” and they don’t. One day all these cousin will unite for a grand union.  I’m sure I’ll miss my kiddies, but I know the time will fly by with all the cute distractions around me. I can’t wait!

Now, I wonder who will be the first twin to add a fourth??

2 comments:

Toones said...

Gorgeous!! BUT as a mother of triplets myself, I have to ask.... Are you seriously considering more babies?!?! haha cause I cant think that far ahead! haha

Marianne said...

Let me know when you're here! I'd love to come by and visit- I still need to meet "Baby eleven" too!