Thursday, May 17, 2012

Let the Boot Camp Begin!

I was just feeling like I needed a little boost in my work-out routine, when Living Social came out with a 30 day boot camp deal. Usually I just delete those because they don’t work with my schedule or are not within reasonable distance. But the more I read about this one, the more I thought it would work out for me. It’s only a 12 minute, or so, drive, and it’s a one hour class that starts at 5:45 am, perfect timing for me to get home with plenty of time for KC to get ready for work. So I took the plunge, and signed myself up, and started classes this morning! I was the most beautiful day. We worked out in a lovely park with a cool breeze blowing the whole time. There were about a dozen people there (probably half of us new as a result of this deal), all very nice, and the instructor was casual, and easy-going, but still made us work until we were begging to stop. There were all fitness levels present, so there was no push to over-work yourself, but they just stressed doing whatever you can. We did a variety of exercises, and I really felt the burn as we focused on upper body (each day it’s something different). I’m already looking forward tomorrow, though I hope it doesn’t wipe me out for my race on Saturday!  

It’s only a month, and I don’t foresee myself signing up for any more classes after it’s over (the deal was hugely discounted from the original price), so I’m just excited for a great few weeks of getting in better shape in preparation for the summer. It’s fun to have somebody tell me what to do for a change, in regards to my workouts. (Although, sometimes I feel like I’m already in a continuous boot camp with all the demand and orders these kids give me all day!) This will be a great way to break things up for a while. I’m just hoping my arms don’t feel like Jell-O the entire time!

No comments: