Friday, May 18, 2012

The Crack of Dawn

Before 5:00 am I:

  • realized KC wasn’t home from work yet.
  • called him and found out he wouldn’t be home anytime soon.
  • couldn’t sleep any longer so I started making Banana Crumb Muffins.

Before 6:00 am I:

  • got the muffins in the oven, and cleaned the resulting dishes.
  • packed some snacks for our outings planned for the day.

Before 7:00 am I:

  • got myself somewhat ready.
  • got happy babies out of bed, changed diapers, put on shoes and jackets, and loaded everyone in the car.
  • took the kids on a morning drive to the lake, stopping briefly at my boot camp class, reassuring them that I was not, in fact, one who attends one day and then quits. (they were just moseying down the path after a jog, so I wasn’t interrupting anything.)
  • answered all the regular questions people have when they find out I have triplets.
  • let the kids play at the park where my group meets (I had no choice when the saw the fun playground).
  • finally arrived at the lake, loaded the stroller, and enjoyed the beautiful sunrise over the water.

Before 8:00 am I:

  • let the kids play at another park (again, did I have a choice as we passed it on the path?)
  • loaded the car again, and drove home in some traffic.
  • turned on Toy Story 3 (Ruby’s request), and tried to have a little down time before we took baths, and got ready for another big outing in an hour.

What happened was, I woke up around 4 to see that KC wasn’t home yet. This has happened many times with a particular project he’s been working on. Once, I didn’t see him until about 9 am. Looks like today will be worse, as it’s the final day for the project and he has to put in every minute he can. Don’t even GET me started on how frustrating this is on the whole family. The kids haven’t been agreeable lately, and my nerves are quite shot. And I’m not sure when KC sleeps. Poor guy. So anyway, after calling him and realizing he wasn’t coming home for a while, I couldn’t sleep. I was disappointed at having to miss my second day of boot camp, and being husbandless for another day, and worrying how he is handling all of this physically. So I decided to just get started with the day to distract myself. I was feeling energized, despite my early wake-up and was primed for a work-out, whether it involved the kids or not. Anyway, the walk around the lake was probably great resistance training for my race on that same course tomorrow. I’ll probably feel light as a feather as I run without pushing an extra 130 lbs! The kids were perfectly pleasant, and I loved the non-stop cheerful chatter. I think they thought it was great getting out first thing in their jammies, with their blankies. They would even chat with people who would stop us as we were walking to tell them about the slide at the park. Maybe they’re happy morning people like their mommy. It was an early, but pleasant morning with my little work-out buddies. 046003007008011013017020030

So, here’s to hoping I get my husband back soon, and that  I won’t crash before the day is over!

3 comments:

Janice said...

I too hope you get your hubby back soon! Looks like you made the best of it and had some happy campers as well. Thanks for sharing.

Wendy K said...

We were at buddy attick at 9ish this morning. Must have just missed you. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds a lot like my day. My kids are very early risers and I do everything I can to wear them out so completely that I get a nap and an early bedtime out of them. I tell my husband that I feel like that commercial for the army, "we do more before 9 a.m. than most people do all day."