Saturday, July 14, 2012

Date with Mom: Bennett Edition

Last week, it was Mr. Bennett’s turn with Mommy at Six Flags. I was so looking forward to this time with my little man, and he fulfilled all my expectations. We had a funny little predicament though. When we got to the park, I realized we never put the umbrella stroller back in after removing it last week. So our only choice was to unload the mega-stroller, and chuckle to ourselves as people gave us weird looks (though, not as weird as when the stroller is full…)  as we passed them. It was a bit of a bummer for me, since not having to haul that thing in and out of the car and is a huge benefit of taking out one at a time, but we didn’t let it bother us. Bennett must have felt like a king riding in that big old thing all by himself. This is definitely not a situation a singleton child would find himself in, eh?  And I thought I might as well get a little pre-park interview with him as well, to record his reaction as  he realized we were going to the park together.

We made it to the water park with plenty of time to play. It was a HOT week, so the crowds were a little thicker, but not as bad as I had expected. B wasted no time jumping right in. He kept saying he wanted to go “Dat way!” and take my hand leading me to and fro. There was much splashing, and a lot of laughter. It was a wonderful sight for a mommy to see.017026041030043

Bennett has always had a little face that can just melt a person. His darling sing-songy voice doesn’t hurt the adorable factor either. He has kept his baby features longer than the others, and I am so grateful to him for that. I loved holding his tiny hand, and was so proud to be the one walking beside him. 037047

He was disappointed when we were told it was time to get out, but did as he obeyed. After drying off a bit, he and I made our way to the benches for snacks. He loved his cheese and crackers, etc., and it was still fun to sit and listen to what he had to say. A nice girl with a cute baby strapped to her saw me trying to take a mug shot of the two of us, and kindly offered to take one of us together. I definitely have to plan another date with my Bennett. One evening wasn’t enough to enjoy all his cuteness uninterrupted. I can’t wait. 056060

3 comments:

melody said...

Yes, his little face is so so sweet. Love that you are doing these dates.

Sarah said...

Fun. I love seeing you post about their individual personalities.

Carol Joy said...

I LOVE that you got to go out with them on a date, alone time. I think that Alex sounds a lot like KC, and his expressions in his video are a lot like KC to me, but I think that in the pictures, Bennett looks a TON like KC! They're so adorable!! Love it!!!