Sunday, July 01, 2012

Utah in a Nutshell

I went to Utah for five days. By myself. It was wonderful, and I left wanting to move closer to home all over again. I was a little sick (it’s mandatory to get some kind of illness on my trips to Utah), but still managed to have a blast hanging out with my family, complete a mini triathlon mom and dad organized for Father’s Day, buy some cute clothes, meet new, adorable, nieces, eat good food (when I actually had an appetite), get a haircut (love the Utah prices), catch up with friends, and enjoy the beauty that Utah has to offer. I stayed in Melody’s beautiful home, and miss being there with her cute family.  The kids had the time of their lives with KC’s parents, and I was able to relax knowing they were in such good hands. I couldn’t wait to see those babies the morning after I got home. They were older, funnier, smarter, and more darling than I remembered, and that is saying something, considering I thought they couldn’t get any cuter than when I left. I’m glad to be home, but I miss my carefree vacation. Until next time!

006009008011

Baby Evelyn!029019022

I organized a Father’s Day Dessert Buffet, and told all the girls to make their husband’s favorite dessert. KC wasn’t there, but I thought he’d approve of this (a little rushed and sloppy) Snickers Cake (I made a little something just for him the following weekend). Everything was awesome. It was dessert heaven.039044057104024105IMG_0185064IMG_0193IMG_0194084091

Baby Stella!097098099100

Oh, I miss all those people. Fun Times. More pictures here for anyone interested.

1 comment:

melody said...

I wish this trip hadn't happened yet so I could be looking forward to it again! Thanks so much for coming. We really loved spending time with you and can't wait until the next time.