Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Just in case you were wondering...

20 years ago I:
  1. Was 3 years old.
  2. Wore a string bikini with stars on it (or maybe I was younger when I wore that).
  3. Loved getting my hair done.
  4. Played dress-ups.
  5. Got into the cupboards and made huge messes. Sometimes I throw a bunch of food in a bowl and thought I was really cooking.
(I admit three years old is probably not old enough to remember a lot, but I'm just basing my answers off of family videos, pictures, and stories from the fam. I might not be exactly accurate with the age.)

10 years ago I:
  1. Was 13 and in 8th grade.
  2. Was the beehive president and thought I was sooooo cool for it.
  3. Was way too interested in name brand clothing (I blame the location of my school. Too many rich families).
  4. Had my first boyfriend, Spencer.
  5. Started a Christmas Eve Eve tradition with Jill, Marianne, and Melody that we still do.
5 years ago I:
  1. Had just graduated from high school.
  2. Was getting ready to move to Logan to attend USU. (I hated it. Almost everyday. But that time meant a lot to me because it lead me to where I am now.)
  3. Hanging out with friends almost every single day since we'd be separated by missions and college and were devastated about it.
  4. Really liked a guy that I'm too ashamed to name here.
  5. In the same year, I decided to leave USU, apply for culinary school in Maryland, and drive cross country with Dad to live with Cami while I was in school.
3 years ago I:
  1. Was working at my favorite yet most challenging job at the Park Hyatt Washington.
  2. Was living with the Turpins who graciously gave up precious space in their home until I was on my feet and then moved in with some girls to a house with a pool.
  3. KC and I had our first kiss.
  4. Finished working at the Hyatt and got another job at Just Cakes.
  5. In that same year, got engaged on Christmas.
So far this year I:
  1. Went to Utah for two weddings and spent a wonderful two weeks there.
  2. Moved. Hooray!
  3. Went on an awesome Disney Cruise with the Turpins. (Hooray again!)
  4. Have learned a great deal of patience.
  5. Camped out on the ellipse in DC.
Yesterday I:
  1. Went to Target for some more organizing items.
  2. Talked to Melody and Mom on the phone.
  3. Folded some laundry.
  4. Made Tuna melts for dinner.
  5. Watched a few episodes of Lost that were really weird, really confusing and didn't resolve any other weird and confusing things that had already happened in the first three seasons.
Today I: (It said "today I will", but it's so late in the day I took out the "will".)
  1. Touched up my blue chairs. I ran out of spray paint the first time I was painting them.
  2. Swept, swiffered, dusted and vacuumed.
  3. Put the makings of barbecue chicken in the crock pot for dinner.
  4. Would've gone babysitting but they are out of town so I took a long two hour nap that could've lasted two more if I didn't force myself up. (And the lawn mower next door that sounds like it's actually in my living room would've woken me up anyway.)
  5. Watched an episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents called "Place of Shadows" courtesy Netflix watch instantly library. This is one of my favorite pastimes. The episodes are so intriguing. Hulu also plays them, but I don't like the commercials.
Tomorrow I will:
  1. Prepare for, and go to Mutual for the first time since I was called into this calling. (By the way, I didn't go to camp after all. I chickened out.)
  2. Probably watch another Netflix movie or episode of something. I like to mix it up.
  3. Maybe take a nap.
  4. Figure out our 4th of July activities.
  5. Hopefully put another post in EE.
(Sounds so exciting doesn't it. Who plans that far ahead? I'm sure I have more productive things to do, I just can't think of them.)

In the next year I will:
  1. Hopefully have a lot of good changes.
  2. Go to New York.
  3. Figure out what we're doing since I have no idea right now.
  4. Hopefully visit Utah or get Utah visitors.
  5. Try to read more.
We are in the phase of our lives where we are just seeing where it takes us. So there aren't many goals for next year. Right now, we are just waiting on a lot of things, so life isn't so extremely exciting. But there you have it anyway. I guess I'll tag specific people this time. Hmmm...Melody, Molly, Matt, Sarah J. and Drew (and whoever else wants to).

4 comments:

Cami said...

Oooh, you did the memes! You must have made it through mine! These were fun to read, and it didn't take too long. (I was worried when I did both together that it would be so ever-loving long no one would read it.)I thought about doing "Today I" instead since I'd already done all my productive things and only had dumb things left. Sadly, I didn't even do all of those--I never DID go outside for 5 minutes. Not even one. How sad.

Unknown said...

fun tag...I think I will do it too!

melody said...

New York. New York. New York. (I'm chanting.)

Woods said...

I like that tag. Do you remember when we both stayed home "sick" from school one day and we talked on the phone while we made so pretty exciting recipes. After we added every spice we could think of we met in the middle of street with our bowl of randomness and tasted it? Sick, we were so weird, but I really loved that day.