Tuesday, August 05, 2008

I should probably mention

We participated in the ward lip-sync/talent show last weekend. It was a pleasant evening full of a variety of talents. KC signed up to do "a little ditty" on the sign up sheet. He asked Andrew Miller to play a ukulele duet with him. They lived near each other in Hawaii, so it was fitting. They sang and played one together and then Molly Miller, who also lived in Hawaii during college, joined in to do a little hula on the next song. It was very cute and Hawaiian. I also wanted to sing a little song with KC called "You Belong to Me" while he played. I also had to help the young women come up with something. We leaders had to practically beg them to think of something to support the organizers. We gave them some ideas and it came together quite well. We did a little cooking show skit named "The Iron Rod Chef." I came up with the name but I don't know if that's really something to be bragging about. I even added at the end, "Your straight and narrow path to good food." I know, pathetic. But that's what ward talent shows are for. Making a fool of yourself and not thinking another thought about it. So the girls had a cooking competition where they paired up, one of them being the arms, and the other being the face. It was hilarious watching them try to put the ingredients to no-bake cookies together with the one the could see the ingredients was trying the tell the arms where to get it. The girls that played the arms were blindfolded so they completely relied on the girls in front to tell them what to do. Needless to say, we made a huge mess, but when we pretended to take the cookies (ingredients splattered on the sheet pans) to the "fridge to cool", we brought out perfectly placed, no bake cookies on the same sheet pans. We asked Judge Bishop Stromsdorfer to come taste, and he concluded that they were both good. It was good and chaotic time had by all. I'm slightly disappointed that although I managed to get both a video and pictures of KC's event (enlisting the help of a friend), he only managed to get a video of mine. he assured me we can get still shots off the camera, though I don't think it's worth that much trouble just for the blog. One of these days you just might be graced with a lovely picture of young women donned in chef jackets covered in peanut butter and cocoa powder.

5 comments:

Woods said...

Hey I bet you and I could make no bakes blind folded! That sounds fun! I want to see the video of you singing. I love hearing you sing! I miss your amazing voice.

Cami said...

That looks fun! Any videos?

Unknown said...

Cute and fun. Sounds like you enjoyed yourselves.

Anonymous said...

I think the "Iron Rod Chef" is anything but pathetic--it's hilarious and what a great idea. I can certainly relate as to what it must have taken to pull that together. I'm sure they all just love you!

Unknown said...

how creative. Leave it up to a chef to come up with something that great!!