Tuesday, August 05, 2008

My little helper

While organizing our office/multipurpose room that has been staring at us for weeks (will the organizing ever end), I was going through a small stack of notes/letters/birthday cards that I've been keeping around. I decided it was time to sort through and read the throw-aways one last time, and find a permanent place for the keepers.

It was very nostalgic to read through notes from friends and family, but what was most delightful was finding KC's notes that he wrote to me during our friendship/courtship. Here is one that was particularly charming. I'll let you in on this since it doesn't seem too intimate to share. I found it on my windshield one morning.
I had been complaining that I was going to work a whole shift by myself. While I loved that sometimes, it seemed daunting that day with so much work to do, so luckily I had this little guy to help me out. Funny boyfriend I had. I wanted to get this documented in case it gets lost in a move or something in the future.

He was always leaving things on my car after I went to sleep. I had an early bed time since I had to wake up in the wee hours of the morning when I worked at the hotel.The note above reminded me of another funny one. He knew I had to pay a meter so once he left a note made of coins for me to use. The R is not my real middle initial. My co-workers thought I just had to have a middle name, and they chose Reese for some reason. It was just an inside joke during that year.I believe it was these little perks that helped me make it through those torturous 2:30 AM alarms.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that little chefs helper note...so thoughtful. I love going back and finding little treasures like that to remind me of the reasons I fell in love with scotty. It looks like you had plenty of reasons to fall in love with KC!

Jonathan and Janessa said...

That's really cute. I loved waking up to find that Jonathan had scraped the snow off of my car windows for me and left a note attached:-) Guys can be so thoughtful! It looks like you have a keeper!

Drew said...

E.R.G.?

I am glad that there are SOME girls who are cool and recognize the clever and witty things nice boys do... Some girls don't get it.

Janice said...

KC is a charmer! Thanks for sharing those fun memories.

melody said...

Ha! I remember you telling me about the quarter poster over the phone. But I don't recall hearing about the little chef helper! That KC. He is so in love with you.

Cami said...

Funny that those ARE your initials now! That is a GREAT chef's helper! Love it.

Unknown said...

So thoughtful and creative, that KC.