Friday, August 29, 2008

The harvest

As I mentioned, I had the pleasure of picking peaches and raspberries earlier this week with some girlfriends and their kids. I was babysitting that day, but I thought the kids would like it too. They did great until it was past lunch and nap time and they hadn't had sufficient amounts of either. But we did get our fill of fruit, both while we were picking, and to take home. I'm definitely going back next week to get some of those grapefruit sized tomatoes I saw people picking, and some blackberries that are also in season.

Today, we girls are going to have a jam session-the kind you put on your toast. We decided it would be better to get one kitchen sticky instead of five. I think I'll mix the fruits and make peach-raspberry jam. I'm also going to save some for some fresh peach ice cream KC is planning on making for our Labor Day fun.

2 comments:

Cami said...

Very fun! Thanks for letting me tag along!

melody said...

Great pictures! Hey, could you comment on Kassi's blog and tell her I can't get on, even though she said she invited me a while ago. Perhaps you could give her my email. Thanks!