Saturday, August 09, 2008

Pop Eye

And I'm not talking about the "I am what I am" sailor man. I am talking about a condition my poor little fishy friend has. Tonight as I was practically force feeding him (jiggling and tapping the bowl to get the little guy to notice the food since he always just lays there), I happened to notice that one of his usually black eyes, was completely clearish/white and a little bulgy. It was quite freaky and I keep feeling like if I go over there, he'll jump out of the water at me and kill me or something. I seriously might have nightmares. I googled around and found out what it is. Of course there is a whole cocktail of additives I could add to his water to help him get through it, but I'm not sure he's going to make it much longer anyway. I think his time is coming, and I don't like watching it happen. I really need to change the water, but I'm kind of afraid he won't make it through that. It is quite a ride for him to switch from bowl to bowl as I'm cleaning it. I never thought I'd really have any feelings toward a fish, but he has become quite a little part of our family, and it's that whole watching him suffer part that's disturbing. I won't include a picture, because I don't want you to get the same scare that I did. It's only a matter of time for my little friend.

5 comments:

jeff said...

You poor fish. What a scary thing to endure. Good thing fish have a memory of about 2 seconds. By the time he remembers his eye went pop, he forgot again.

Give you fish a pat for me.

jeff said...

Jeff=Lili. I am too lazy to sign out of Jeff's account.

Cami said...

Oh yucky and sad! Poor little fishy friend.

Matt said...

Sad. I feel bad for dying fish. I have a sad story about that that I'll tell you sometime.

melody said...

Gross! And sad. Thanks for not putting a picture and sorry for your little fishy/wall decor.