Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ummm...

I don't know what came over me, but in the past few days I have bought 7 cartons of ice cream. Partly because I haven't allowed it in our house for a while to halt the constant craving I had for it every night after dinner. And also because it was on a major sale. I think we have also been boycotting it lately because of all the companies thinking they can make their cartons smaller and smaller while the prices stay they same or go up. Did they think we wouldn't notice? Anyway, Turkey Hill is a brand here that we love and when all there varieties (frozen yogurt, duetto gelati, low sugar, light recipe, and regular old full-fat, etc.) are staring at me at a price of $1.99, what is a girl to do? I can't possibly limit my choices to one or two. I must say, we are pretty strict about our portion sizes (thanks to pampered chef for your perfectly sized prep bowls), but we are so used to it, we feel no deprivation eating this amount of ice cream ever night or so. And besides, most of the flavors I got are very low in calories and fat. My favorites are Mint Cookies and Cream frozen yogurt (only 1.5 grams of fat per serving) and Mango Venice Ice with Vanilla Gelati. I might be willing to share.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I wish I lived closer to share with you!

Janice said...

mmm, gelati! You have brands and flavors I have never even heard of!!

Angela @ Canned Time said...

Okay, that's freaky. Bob and I just had a bowl of the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough for dessert........$1.99 was an awesome price!!

Lili and Jeff said...

ICE CREAM HEAVEN!!!!!!

Save some Mango for me. As for Jeff and I, we just had dollar scoop night at Baskin Robbins. That always helps me with my cravings. Sounds like you and KC are set for a long time.

Jeff would laugh at your bowl size. He thinks my Ikea children's bowls are just absurd, which are about the same size. I find it quite a lovely size for such a serving of ice cream.

Cami said...

You guys are awesome. I think my freezer may fill up pretty soon for Jake. I'm out, but it sounds great.