Monday, September 08, 2008

In a cottage in the woods

We had a great time this past weekend in Berkeley Springs, WV with the Turpins and Cottrells. We stayed in a charming cabin tucked away with an amazing view. It was raining most of the time, but it made it all the more fun. We enjoyed the hot tub many times in the 2 days. One time, all six adults piled in late into the night, another time I got in all alone in the early morning hours, and KC and I enjoyed a relaxing time in the evening while the others were putting the kids to bed. The hot tub faced the endless woods, and in the morning it was so foggy and gorgeous. We played games non-stop (mostly Password, and Wackee Six), enjoyed good food, and did some lounging as we either watched football, the boys play gamecube, or found something on the Dish Network that was provided. It was just right, and I think we all had a great time. The little boys thought it was great and were always keeping themselves occupied in the gameroom attatched to the house. It was wonderful and only about 1 1/2 hours away. I think my favorite part was that I never even touched my make-up or hair the entire time. I could get used to that.



Of course, in true Emily fashion, I got sick while I was trying to get away from it all (this has become a pattern on most get-aways). It happened at the very end of the trip so the fun was not interrupted, and all KC and I lost was a good nights sleep (that we made up by sleeping almost the entire day that we came home). So I won't dwell on that.

6 comments:

Cami said...

YAY! I'm so glad I was not in one of those pictures. I'm so glad you guys came with us. And it's true, it just wouldn't be you if you hadn't had a medical issue. I'm glad you still had fun.

melody said...

I love that the cabin is red. So glad you had a nice weekend. Hey, I think you have the same black and white sweater as Amber AND Ashley!

Drew said...

Sounds way fun. Good old Wackee Six, and of course few things are better in such a scenario than hot tubbing in the woods. Hurrah.

Spilter said...

We had so much fun! Hope you aren't sick of us. We really appreciate all you guys did and playing with Logan holding Addy etc. You are both lots of fun. Logan just said after looking at the pictures "that's fun going to KC's house!" So cute. You guys are great. Hope you are feeling better.
Amber

Ariel said...

sounds like a blast! except, you really need to stop getting sick. At least you didn't end up in the ER this time.

Emily said...

Actually I did.