Tuesday, September 02, 2008

A new tradition

It seems we have started a tradition to make ice cream on Labor Day. We did it last year at a picnic with friends, and this year KC threw an ice cream social for the Elders Quorum and their families. We figured it was a good time to use up the fresh peaches I picked. We had a great turn out, and way too much ice cream and toppings to go around with what everyone else contributed. Looks like we'll be having ice cream at another church event soon. I am happy to have quite a bit of peach ice cream left over though. I'm hooked.


And it must be a miracle that I only got one misquote bite last night. I am still recovering from 19 I got on Saturday from doing yard work for an hour or less, with repellent on (two of which were through my pants). so maybe they took pity on me and want me to get a little sleep at night. Or they were actually repelled by the citronella candle I had under my legs the whole time, and the constant bug spraying.

And I just wanted to add a picture of the blanced peaches we used in the ice cream. I think they are so cool looking. Like glass or something. I think all fruits are little works of art.

9 comments:

Angela @ Canned Time said...

I absolutley love homemade peach ice cream, you are so lucky to have them fresh like that! Enjoy the leftovers..........!

Cami said...

cool picture of the peaches. I wished I had taken one. Bring some of that ice cream over this way!

Drew said...

Those peaches DO look awesome! Like a bowl of glass decorative fruit.

melody said...

Those peaches are gorgeous!!

Marianne said...

i blanched some peaches last year...they didn't look artistic; they looked like brains. stringy, mushy, orange brains.

Lili and Jeff said...

Those peaches look like the one on James and the Giant Peach, when he just sticks his hands in and eats a big chunk. I have always wanted to do that. And I could have, if only I had those peaches pictured here.

I remember when you and KC made that fabulous ice cream for the 4th of July the summer of 06. What an ice cream fest that was.

Kassi said...

What is on those peaches to make them look like glass?

Unknown said...

oh, I have this great recipe for some peach/almosd freezer jam that is to DIE for...I will pass it your way! beautiful blanching by the way.

Kristy said...

YUMMMMMMM