Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Mom and Dad

We were delighted to have my mom and dad visit the east coast this past weekend. They came for an annual conference in DC, but we loved being with them in the short time they weren't wrapped up in that. This time we actually had enough room for them to stay with us for a couple nights (they actually had their own room), and then with the Turpins for the other couple nights. They were wonderful, effortless guests. They left yesterday and we miss them already. My mom is seriously my shopping muse. We always must have a shopping trip together, because I always have the best luck when she is around. We played games for hours on Sunday and all had a good laugh. We hope they come again sooner than later. I never like dropping them off at the airport (or in this case, the metro station that takes them to the airport). I don't like wondering when I might see them again. good thing I talk to my mom nearly everyday on the phone. And KC's mom is coming tomorrow! What timing! That takes the sting off a bit. It also helps that Melody and Amber are looking in to coming next month! (I'm actually starting to believe they are really coming.) So keep the visitors coming. We are happy to host! We miss you and love you mom and dad.

8 comments:

Cami said...

AH! I WAS in some pictures after all. Darn. Oh well, they were ok. It is so sad to have them go. At least we both have inlaws coming. How funny.

Drew said...

That picture of you and Mom is to die for. I'm glad you had a nice visit. I want want want to come with Melody and Amber... but funds won't allow it. I think I'm going to sing showtunes on the campus quad with my hat upside-down in front of me and see if people drop in loose change so I can buy a ticket there.

Sarah said...

i love when my parents are in town.
Maybe after february we will come visit too - now with my brother there we have double incentive!

melody said...

Great pictures. I love when Mom and Dad get to go there. I know they wish it was a lot more often.

Kassi said...

So fun, so fun. I am sure you couldn't get enough of family time. I love checking you blog and seeing the photos you take.

Unknown said...

We loved the visit, short though it was. Hope to get back before next Sept. 18-19. Good to see all. And the room of our own . . . well, 'nuf said.

Amber said...

I love that picture of you and your mom!! Glad that were able to come visit.

Amber said...

I hope we can come. I miss you guys so dang bad.