Monday, September 29, 2008

My Quirks

I thought I'd do this little tag about quirks. Quirks are interesting because we as individuals think we are weird because of them and feel that others will think we are too. But really they are just what set us apart from other people, so I don't expect to impress of shock anyone with these. I'm sure everyone has this weirdnesses, but I like it better that way. Who wants to be like everyone else?

I get uncomfortable during morning shows. I know they only have an allotted amount of time for each segment, and I get anxious wondering when they are going to have to cut their guest off. Why don't they just plan for less segments and take it easy? Some of the stories are a waste of time anyway. I try to relax and realize I have no responsibility in the matter and it will all work out fine, but it always comes back to me.

I can't stand going back to the house once I've already left. Even if I'm still in the driveway. I've already locked up and and ready to head out, and I don't like the waste of motions. This happens time and time again. I guess it's better than forgetting something altogether. I even remember this frustration when I was younger and someone in my family forgot something. It's probably the systematic part of my brain at work. I got that from my dad. I just makes me think, how much time will that add to our trip? When would we have gotten there without the turn-around? Do we really need whatever it is we are going all the way back home to get? So many questions! I think this is most aggravating when we have a long drive ahead of us and I have to re-order my thoughts about when we'll get there. I'm always relieved to get back to the point where we turned around and pretend it never happened. I know, it's not worth worrying about. Usually I spend more time being annoyed about it than, the time it takes to actually turn around. I'll work on it.

I misspell "just" almost every time I'm typing it. It always ends up being jsut. I've tried to fix it, but it's a lost cause. Maybe if I typed it over and over for an hour, I'd get the muscle memory going, but I'm not motivated enough for that. I think my spellcheck might start ignoring it since it happens so often.

I make awkward silences even more awkward by talking. I have to learn that a little silence is alright. Then I can actually think through what I'm going to say next, instead of saying something ungraceful and weird. I think I roll my eyes at myself as much as anyone else.

I visit IMDB.com regularly. I have always been one to recognize a face(names are another story). When I'm watching something and I see someone I recognize, I have to know what I've seen the actor in. And I need to know right then or else I'm distracted until I find out. I think when I was younger I even thought a cartoon character looked familiar that I actually thought they used her in another cartoon. With all the prime time dramas using a lot of the same extras, I'm constantly making connections of who's been on what.

One of my favorite parts of the week is changing out of my church clothes. I go straight to my room and shed everything, including jewelry, then put my hair up and put on the most comfortable clothes I can find. I think it's the most relaxed I feel all week. This is what makes firesides, or other Sunday night programs so annoying to me. There's no way I'm getting ready again. In those cases, the long comfortable skirts come out.

I think I'll need therapy when/if I ever cut my hair. It's become a little bit of a hiding place for me. Especially with the bangs. I can be completely away from the world. And it hides wardrobe malfunctions and skin imperfections. I'm not ready to do with out that security blanket quite yet. And not in the near future. It scared me to think it is only a snip away from being gone. But I do love the idea of having a new hairstyle someday. As much as I love having long hair, it annoys me quite often. But not often enough I guess. KC wouldn't mind seeing me with another look on me, but he can wait.

I'm not a fan of the overuse of punctuation. What is the use of 12 exclamation points, when one or two will suffice? Or more that three points in an ellipses? I just don't understand.

I do not procrastinate. It's actually more of a lifestyle that a choice. I can't help it. I don't like to have to think about something twice before it gets done. I just start to get disappointed in myself when things don't get done (like right now, since I'm blogging instead of more important things). I still happens occasionally, but I stay on top of things most of the time. It's all part of enjoying life. Work, and then you can play, guilt free. I think this also goes with my punctuality. I usually have to really try to be late to something. In fact, I used to have the problem of being early to everything, but KC pulled me out of that pretty quick. Now I'm just right on time, which still makes me a little anxious. I like to have time to spare. I think it's ridiculous that people can be late over and over. You'd think they would figure it out.

I crave eyebrow massages. I carry stress in my face, among other place. I'd love to have regular appointment to have my face worked on. Maybe I'll look into that. KC is always smoothing out the space between my eyebrows since it's often scrunched together and I don't notice. He'll probably save me from a few wrinkles in the future.

I don't really know how many I'm supposed to do, but that's enough for now. It's pretty much like the "1oo things" post that went around a while ago. I think I feel another one coming on.

Let's hear your quirks everybody.

5 comments:

Hannah said...

I wish I never procrastinated!!

I also hear you on the long hair. I had long, long hair like yours for so long. I felt so naked/exposed when I chopped it.

Cami said...

Ooooh, fun post! I like your quirks. I share many of them. Maybe I'll do this one later. I haven't had a meme post for a while.

Unknown said...

I have IMDB on my favorites page and check it all the time, scott got me hooked. And I love your long hair, It is always wavy and full of body. I would DIE to have hair that great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drew said...

I loved reading all these things about you. I'm also an imdb.com fiend.

Don't cut your hair!

Remind me, I had a dream about you the other night that really made me miss you.

Love.

Woods said...

I love your hair long! You are gorgeous. I love reading all your quirks. They are so fun!!