Monday, October 06, 2008

Brunch Time

I've been wanting to have my friends over for brunch for some time, and I thought conference weekend was a good time to finally put my plans into action. Conference starts at noon around here, so we had plenty of time to eat, and chill for a while before the final sessions. I put together a makeshift long table so all 11 of us (minus the several kids who crawled around or sat at the kids table) could all sit together. I was able to put the food in the little nook in the living room and I think it worked out pretty well. I love brunches. I love the time of day, it always has my favorite kinds of food, and you have the rest of the day ahead of you. It was a nice morning. I didn't get the quality or quantity of pictures that I would've liked (you know how it gets when you are in a hurry to get food out) but the pictures and captions should fill you in on any additional information.

After everyone left, KC did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen like a madman, and we were able to relax and listen to the teachings of the prophets together. (We were probably a little too relaxed-zzzzzz.) We enjoyed watching "The Pursuit of Happyness" on Netflix between sessions. And we couldn't resist a walk during the excellent sunset. It was wonderful to spend the entire day with KC. It's so much more fun to lounge with him on the couch with him, than all by myself. And he's a better pillow to snooze on too. It was a great weekend.

8 comments:

Bean said...

Hey! So much for "if you're not in this group shot at the table, don't worry, you'll be in the one from the other side."

Thanks again, we had such a fun time!

Cami said...

That sounds absolutely lovely, although I'm sure you're leaving out all the craziness for having guests. We had an identical day except we watch Iron Man and our food wasn't so fancy.

Emily said...

Christina (aka Bean), I was annoyed by that too! KC wanted to draw you in the picture. We should've gotten a shot of all the girls with our "make-overs." We loved having you guys too!

melody said...

Those muffins DO look amazing!

Tracie Frost said...

I can't see the picture! Dang! I was thinking the other day of our between session gathering at the National Arboretum. So fun!

So, did you finish Ender? It's one of my favorites. We're reading it in my bookclub next month. Guess I'll have to drag it out of the attic . . .

Susan said...

Wow, you set a pretty table! (I guess that's no surprise, but still, I always forget about presentation!)

Unknown said...

woa......that looks awesome!


Cortnie

Sarah said...

Yum.
I love conference weekend too. But your food was probably better than mine.