Monday, October 13, 2008

Trap Shootin'

For our mutual activity last week we went to the shooting range. A few of the kids and adults were experienced and had a great shot, but there were quite a few of us that were amateurs. I, being a always-take-the-safest-route person, was pretty nervous and initially only wanted to take one or two of my allotted 25 shots, just to try it out. But with a little coaching from one of the experienced young men, my 25 shots went swiftly by and I was actually ready for more. I think it was because I was pleasantly surprised by the number of clay disks I actually hit. Okay, it was only about 7 out of 25, but for someone as new to this as I was, I was pretty proud. So, even though I consider myself quite a girly-girl, I'm glad I can break out of my hair product, and pedicure ways to enjoy a little outdoor adventure. This is my girl Asanatu, and me trying to act tough. Okay, I'm the one trying, she really is tough.

8 comments:

Lili and Jeff said...

You look so natural holding that gun! Ha ha. Looks like it was quite fun. Was is really loud? I have heard that is gets very loud.

Matt said...

Wow. Look at that. I love shooting stuff. PULL!

melody said...

Cool! Our neighbors have been dying to take us shooting. Should we go?

Cami said...

That's actually a pretty cool activity! I always wanted to be a good shot.

Woods said...

Kev would love me if I would go shootin'! You might have to teach me one day.

Susan said...

huh, I don't think I ever shot a gun in a YM/YW activity as a girl or a leader. But I have shot a gun before and it does sort of make you feel tough. But I hate to tell you, you don't actually look very tough in that picture :P You may want to try a picture of you trying to get the last pair of cowboy boots in your size at a sale or something, THAT might give you a tougher look ;)

Tracie Frost said...

Now THAT is a fun, creative mutual activity! Did you go to that shooting range in Bowie? I've probably told you this, but my brothers are gun-toting fiends. They all have concealed weapons permits. We like guns where I come from!

Corinne said...

OH FRIEND. Do you know this post gave me a TEAR. I was Asanatu's young womens leader when they first arrived here!! OOOHHHHH how happy I am that she is still going to church!! I used to drive her home after mutual every night. Seriously, please hug her for me :)