Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The latest tag

So, I was tagged by Cami, and here it is.

The rules: go to your pictures folder and select the 4th folder. Within that folder, you select the 4th picture and post it online.

Of course, a cake picture. This one actually has a good story though. KC, Joe Laura and I were a little foursome in our singles ward. None of us were dating (for a while) and so we'd hang out a lot, friend style. We started a tradition to have an annual picnic together after our November stake conference. And we actually did it for several years. I'd always make a huge French bread sandwich along with other picnic essentials. I'm pretty sure we ate almost the same thing every year too. The sandwich was a must. This is the cheesecake I made for the first one. The moment Joe saw it, he proposed. When I chuckled, rolled my eyes, and immediately denied him, he said, "You probably think I'm kidding, but I'm not." He sounded a little too serious so I'm pretty sure I awkwardly changed the subject. Silly Joe. At least knew that if I wanted to date him, it wouldn't take much to swing him my way.

Here are a couple pictures from that first picnic, just so you can match faces to names. I know it's not in the rules of the tag, but I don't care.

I remember putting my shoes in place of myself in the picture.

We thought we were so funny taking these dumb posed pictures. Sometimes being in a singles ward can make you do things that aren't really as cool as you think they are. (Notice I changed out of my church clothes as quickly as possible, and no one else did. One of my previously mentioned quirks.)

In this one, I think the camera had tilted slightly and the timer was already going to we tried to duck to make it into the picture. I'd say we did pretty good.

So, that was a lot more than you bargained for with a tag that only required one picture, but I couldn't resist a trip down memory lane. And since this tag has been around for a couple days, I'm not quite sure who hasn't been tagged yet, so go ahead and try it out if you haven't. It's kinda fun.

1 comment:

Cami said...

rules shmules! Nice pics. I remember the day.