Thursday, October 02, 2008

What is going down here

As I was perusing my queue on Netflix, I noticed that they had changed a lot of their previously mailable DVDs, to their "watch instantly" list. And I'm not talking about a few more documentaries, or TV shows. These are new, and old shows that are big hits. Like: Dan in Real Life, Enchanted, Pirates of the Caribbean-At Worlds End, a bunch of Woody Allen films. . .I mean, I could go on. Go see for yourself. (Not that this was recently added or anything, but I can't wait for KC to watch Soylent Green with me.)

Needless to say, my watch instantly queue is h0lding 39, while my DVD queue is at a mere 14. Who would ever rent at Blockbuster again? Seriously. I thought we were getting our money's worth with a few mailed DVDs every month and the TV episodes I watch during my workout, and other show we enjoy occasionally on the play now feature. We will definitely be getting more than we bargained for. But now we have too many shows to watch and too little time. Especially with the awesome shows on right now (I've yet to watch last night's episode of Pushing Daisies, and I'm dying).

I swear, I do read and do other things. I just really happen to like watching movies.

5 comments:

Cami said...

I just finished Pushing Daisies and it was AWESOME!

Jake says pretty soon they will be watch instantly on the XBox so we can actually watch them on the TV. I mean, really, why even wait for them in the mail? Crazy.

melody said...

YES! Thanks for the news. We are excited too.

Drew said...

HA HA, the funny thing about this to me is that I actually went to Blockbuster last night and rented three movies (and one I was looking for actually was all checked out!). I just grew tired of waiting for the queue and this way, I can watch them one right after the other if I want and don't have to wait in between. But I will have to check out their new Watch Instantly list. Mom told me about this earlier today and I didn't believe it, but now I do.

jeff said...

THanks for letting me know the other day Em! Jeff and I have already watched 2 movies, and have plans for more! My stars our DVD library has been opened!

jeff said...

Jeff=Lili