Monday, January 19, 2009

By the way

"Dear KC and Emily:

We are pleased to inform you that out Adoption Committee met and reviewed you file and confirm your paperwork complete and ready for placement of a child with you family as of January 12, 2009. . ."

I suppose I should share this bit of good news with my blogging buddies. KC and I have officially been approved by LDS Family services. Yes, they seem to think we will be good parents, when the opportunity arises. The approval process, though long and tedious, was a bit quicker than I had imagined, being told many different stories. We are thrilled to have completed this fairly difficult step, but are aware that many more steps lay ahead of us. It's a bit anticlimactic, I suppose, but a relief to be done with all the paperwork, nonetheless.

The weird thing is, someone could pick us any day at this point. Not that I expect it to happen any time soon, but we are pretty close in the long scheme of things. I still have some plans to get our name out there a bit more to get this party started sooner, but at least we can let the agency do their part now, while we do ours. With all the forces working together, the Lord included, this is bound to go somewhere.

They say that waiting in the hardest part. Probably because the lack of control you have in this part of the process. Even though "waiting" and "lack of control" and I have gotten to know each other very well over the past few years, I still find it quite annoying, especially with my micromanagey tendencies. If I think about it too much, I get all scatterbrained, become overstimulated with thoughts, and go somewhat crazy. So I'm doing what I can to stay sane during this exciting/anxious time, and trying to enjoy this kid-less stage while it lasts.

Our profile is available to view on the LDSFS website, but in a week there will be a fully renovated, new and beautiful website that they have been working extremely hard on and that they are all really excited about. So I'll wait until then to show you around.

In other good news, I'm feeling a million times better than I did during my last post. Thank you meds! I was able to sleep more than 4 hours last night for the first time in days, and without waking up gasping for air. I'm very glad I got it over-with before my trip to Utah this weekend. Here's to a trip that is free from any sickness, or trips to the ER (knock on wood).

14 comments:

Lili and Jeff said...

I talked to my friend in RS yesterday! She said to send her the files to the Provo office. Hooray! Her name is Kim Perry, and she is so awesome! I am so proud of you two for sticking through these hard times of waiting. Soon enough!!!

Jonathan and Janessa said...

Congrats for completing this tedious step. I am so excited for you two and what the future will bring. You'll be amazing parents.

Kristy said...

A what a relief it must feel to have that part completed. I am excited for you!

Angela @ Canned Time said...

I know you and KC will be the best parents. Very happy for you! You're soooo ready to take tons of pictures when you get your little one too!
Congrats on being done with the hard part....

Unknown said...

oh congrats emily! I am so excited for you and hope that it will happen very sooN!

Janine said...

Wonderful news! We will pray things move quickly for you!

Michelle and Cisco said...

I am so happy for you! I am glad they could see what wonderful parents you would make! I'll keep praying for you guys! That is wonderful news!

Unknown said...

wahoo for the two of you! I can't wait to see what the next few months holds for you guys!

Cami said...

YAY!!!! Come get some stuff.

Lindsey Bench said...

The paperwork, home study, classes and everything else is a ton of work! What a great hurtle to get over. I can't wait for you guys!

Drew said...

HOLY MOLY! I did NOT know this was happening today! I'm so happy and excited. I know it'll probably still be longer than you would like, but you're still on the list! And ready to go! It will happen, I know it!

Marianne said...

yeah! That is great news. I hope to hear more good news soon!

stacia said...

that is great news emily! i hope it happens very soon for you guys! exciting times...

Candise said...

Yippee! Welcome to the wonderful world of adoption. I haven't stopped by for a while and am grateful I did today. The holidays are over...we need to chat one of these days!