Tuesday, May 26, 2009

As productive as I can be.

So, we didn't do much as far as holiday festivities, but I do feel like we got a lot done on the house. I'm trying to consider that a success, even though a lot of it has been undone by now. And the fact that I can only do about 30 minutes of anything before a pounding headache kicks in, or I'm just plain out of breath. Or, of course, I have to eat. So that I was able to vacuum, deep clean the kitchen, start cleaning out the closet in the soon-to-be nursery, finish my book, and throw some laundry in, sounds like a great weekend to me. KC did a ton of work inside and outside, including giving my car a good inside cleaning. Gotta love him. So, until my 2nd trimester energy kicks in (if that ever happens), I'm calling it productive, and I'm quite proud. But I have to say, the best part of the weekend was having this view from my horizontal position on the couch, instead of the usual lonely one when I stare at the computer most of the day.

Oh, and just to update you on my scary eye, it now looks like this.

Or this when I'm looking at you.

I guess it's the kind of thing that looks worse as it gets better. It surprises me every time I look in the mirror since I don't have any associated pain and I forget. I was reading up and it looks like I'm going to have this bad boy for another couple weeks or so. I hope I don't scare any little kids in the mean time.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

it makes my eyes water looking at the picture! I hope it doesn't hurt too much!

Woods said...

It's funny because you still look gorgeous!! I mean it! You're beautiful. I love all of your updates on the babies and the mom! You are doing amazing. I can't even imagine all of the things you're going through everyday! love you

melody said...

Yikes! That is kinda scary!

Unknown said...

As scary as it may be, I think that little broken blood vessel really makes your blue eyes pop. Seriously, I don't think I have ever noticed just how brilliant blue your eyes are!

And thank goodness for nice husbands that clean out their wives gross cars. Scott took my car and cleaned and vacuumed it this weekend...heaven only knows how many french fries and fruit snacks he had to pick up! I know your car probably wasn't nearly as bad as mine. but it will be. very soon. :)

Jessi said...

ah! your eye makes me feel pain!

Tracie Frost said...

I didn't have time to say this last time I was on your blog. This is my all time favorite quote in the 3 years that I've been reading:

"There were three babies. Two identical, and one fraternal.
That, folks, has nothing to do with reproductive science. That is an act of God."

I love it! Popped blood vessels and all!

Congrats on the productive weekend!