Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother I love you. Mother I do...

We had a gorgeous Mother's Day this year. I couldn't describe more perfect weather. Mid-seventies, and sunny with a warm wind that I just loved breathing in all day. The day started with a delicious grits breakfast made entirely by my love. It was very satisfying, and was a great second breakfast. Then we were off to church. KC is in charge of bringing roses for all the mothers/mothers-to-be. Even the little girls got a beautiful red rose. They were quite tickled. There is a certain warmth in the air at church on Mother's Day, and even when I was struggling to become one, I still felt it and relished in it. I, after all, have a mother to celebrate for, even if I wasn't one myself yet. It was a lovely day at church with many friendly faces to chat with and wish a happy day.(Here you go Lili, and others that have been curious. My twelve week belly gets rounder by the day. KC took the one above before I ready, but it shows the beautiful weather, so I thought I'd include it too.)
After, we took an always looked forward to Sunday afternoon nap. We woke up and started preparing the meal we had planned. Sweet husband of mine did all the grocery shopping the day before (during which he also purchased and brought home a beautiful bouquet of assorted flowers for me-the picture below doesn't do them justice, and the rose from church is a little out of place) for this lovely meal (Sad to say we don't have many of those lately with the zero energy and food aversions, but I think they'll start to make their way into our lives soon again.) We decided on spice-rubbed pork tenderloin, grilled, and a spinach salad with strawberries, pecans, and feta, and some couscous to round it out. Much like our last Father's Day meal. It just sounded so good and summery. KC took full control of the meat, and boy was it juicy and succulent. And I haven't been able to say many good things about anything I eat lately. I guess I'm coming back after all. It was a very delicious meal, and our leisurely walk afterward made for a perfect afternoon.
We were delighted to be able to get in touch with our great friends (practically family, really) the Drapers, and were able to spend the evening with them. They were very generous, and invited us for their dinner, a couple hours after ours. Well, that worked perfectly with my eating schedule, so we gratefully accepted, and had a great time catching up with their darling family A wonderful day, that made my heart swell with happiness for the years to come.

So, I don't even know where to begin when it comes to my mom. She has done so many millions of things for me. I sometimes even feel guilty that I asked her to do so many things when I was younger, when she clearly had so many other things to do. I hardly ever heard a complaint, and that continues still. She sticks up for her beliefs better than I even would have the courage to do, she's one of the smartest and well-read people I know, she had a great sense of style and loves to shop, and everything in between. I have so much to learn from her. It makes my heart ache that she's so far away from me. I wish I could sit on her lap and everyday like I used to when I was little. When she came for Easter, it was mostly to take care of us while I was down with strong urges to puke in my early weeks of pregnancy. She constantly made me snacks and beautiful meals, always thinking of new things to create a variety throughout the day. She helped me shop, since I was in no shape to make decisions at the grocery store, and just talked to me throughout the day. When she left, I thought my life was over. Seriously, I didn't know how I was going to survive the next few weeks/years without her watching over me. I feel like I regressed to my childhood when she cared for me this exact same way. I guess my hormones were out of control and all that, but I still felt such a loneliness without her constant companionship. But she was needed at home, and has other responsibilities to attend to. One very pressing one is helping out with my grandpa who is very sick. I couldn't possibly keep her from that, which I knew she would be so needed, and so good at. And knowing she was going there helped me through her departure and to know that I will be okay, until I get to spend those golden moments with her again soon. She is a special one. I really wouldn't mind turning into her.
I also have gained so much love for KC's mom Janice. She has taken me into the family as if I was one of her own. She is always ready to help, even if we never ask. And she raised KC to be the way he is, for which I'll be forever grateful. He's always talked about his mom with high regard, and I understand why. She is such a kind person. She's always concerned for other peoples' welfare, and I can also learn a lot from her. I am so glad to be added to the family as another daughter. I got pretty lucky with my in-laws.
We love you Moms. It was great, and tearful to reminisce about how wonderful you really are. We never forget your love and generosity. Thanks for everything you do. Happy Mother's Day to all you girls out there, whether you are in the midst of Motherhood, or it's in your future.

17 comments:

Hannah said...

You have an adorable belly!!

Cami said...

Jeffy says you are thrice times pregnant. Look at you! That's awesome. Lovely tribute to your moms.

Unknown said...

12 weeks and growing beautifully!! Wow, you are simply glowing em. I guess you are going to get your money's worth out of your maternity clothes!

melody said...

WOW! You really are showing. I was skeptical, even though you have been telling me it's hard to hide now. It's so fun to see these pictures. Please don't shy away from posting your tummy periodically. We want to see these triplets grow!

Standard of Liberty said...

Oh Mimi! Thank you for this beautiful sentiment. I love you and miss you so much. Even when I was there when you felt so awful you were wonderful to be around. If one day goes by without a call from you it feels empty.

So cute pictures! You really are poking out! Wow! Good work.

Love, your mom

Janice said...

Love the pictures! Two weeks and 1 day since New York and your tummy has really changed! Thanks for the sweet post. I love being your mother in law!

Lili and Jeff said...

HOORAY! You make the best pregnant girl ever. In fact, your pictures in the yard was ever so artistic and inspiring, I think I shall water color it. Thanks ever so.

Michelle and Cisco said...

This post made me so happy!!! You are so cute pregnant and i agree that you are absolutely glowing. I cant wait to watch you keep growing!

Lindsey Bench said...

You look so beautiful! I am so excited to cyber stalk your pregnancy. Keegan and I are so thrilled for you, and we love finding people that don't know your exciting news because we love telling them. Keegan even fought me to be able to be the one to tell Matty Paskett last night. Thanks for sharing your joy, hope you don't mind us sharing it with everyone we talk to.

Unknown said...

oh my gosh you are so dang cute! Isn't it amazing how fast that belly grows when you have more then one in there! It will be fun to see how big you really get. i thought i would get huge with two but tons of people said they knew a lot of women that got bigger than me with one! Shows maybe that i truly could handle two! lol :) so cute you are!

Kassi said...

So I know you are having triplets but I didn't expect you to be showing yet. Your belly really will be growing exponentially. Keep them coming. I love the details. You look great Em, and I just had to tell everyone that would listed about your sweet story. Congrats again!

Wendy K said...

See Wendy's blog!

Ben and Kelli said...

Emily I so don't know if you remember me, but I love your story! It is completely inspiring. Congratulations, i am so excited for you! You look absolutely radiant and your belly is darling!

Dawn said...

wow wow wow, have just read cami's blog. Triplets HOLY COW!!!!! congratulations thats fantastic. i am shocked, how lovely, well i will be watching this space to see those little ones get bigger. i am so happy for you both

felicity & nathaniel said...

Hey Emily- I'm a friend of Cami's (from savage mill), but I've met you and I was aware of your adoption efforts. I'm so happy for you and your husband! Very exciting! Let me know if I can help in any way!

Brandon and Amanda Gregory said...

Emily,
I just read your amazing story. I just wanted to add to everyone else and say how excited I am for the both of you. you will be such a wonderful mother. I always thought you were so sweet! you look wonderful with your cute little 12 week tummy. I am going to add you to my list of bloggers. I am excited to see your wonderful journey. Congrats again!

Tracie Frost said...

Love it!! I'm so happy that things are going so well!! We continue to pray for you and the babies every day! Can't wait to see the pics!