Sunday, May 17, 2009

As promised

First, don't forget about little Gabe below. And, I am still stunned at the many friendly and loving comments that have made their way onto our blog. People are so generous to take time to say the nice things they do. Thank you again!

So, like I said, I had a visit with my doctor this past Tuesday, during which I got to see the little squirts again, which always makes me very relieved and very happy. It seems that it takes about a a week and a half for me to work up some worry, so these appointments come just in time. The identicals, 1 and 2 were dancing up a storm on the screen (they have a flat screen tv on the wall for me to gaze at, which is SO nice), and little 3 was sleeping the whole time. I tried coughing and everything, but he was content just the way he was. But all their heartbeats and sizes were right on track, and by the thickness of their necks, it looks like we are in the clear for chromosomal abnormalities. All good news. It was kinda cute when she was measuring 2, he was moving about so much, but then he settled next to 1 in a little spooning action, and didn't move the rest of the time. They were having some snuggle time, I guess. Poor 3 seems so lonely, but soon enough they'll be so crammed together, we'll want that space back. Since I can't feel lots of movement yet (though I do feel some little flutters and I love it), I forget all the back flips they do, until I see them on the screen. It's just incredible.

The doctor said the babies and I all looks great, and from here on out we'll just take a close look every couple weeks (until a little later when I'll be coming in much more frequently) to make sure it stays that way. She went into all kinds of measures we might have to take to hold off any preterm labor. I say, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. But when the nurse started talking to me about hospital registration and all that, I got so excited about the near future and what it holds. It's really happening fast, as slow as it seems sometimes.

Here they are, of course a little hard to see. My little lime-sized babies all with two arms and two legs (I made sure we counted them all).

#1

#2- We didn't get a very good profile of this little one. Number one couldn't stand anyone else in the limelight, he had to make an appearance.

The spooners.
#3

Since we have sonograms pretty often (every two weeks) KC won't be able to make it to all of them. He'll try to come to every other one, as long as everything looks okay. He will make sure and come next time, because if all the babies are cooperating, we just might be able to find out how many girls/boys we'll be having. Then maybe I can start preparing for the little ones. I feel like I can only buy diapers to prepare until I find out. They are technically due Nov. 21, but since they won't make it to full term, we are hoping they make it to about mid-October, which is typical for triplet pregnancies. We can't wait!

Oh, and what is with nausea getting worse at 12 weeks? Isn't it supposed to be letting up now? I know, I need to be patient, but I need some energy back! I'm hoping that when nesting kicks in, I can make up for all the work that I haven't been doing around here. It's hard to have so much to do, and zero momentum to get it all done. But KC is a real trooper and is picking up as much of my slack as he can. I can't wait until I can clean up messes, instead of making them. All in due time (but please let that be soon).

One more thing. I must show off my sister's skills. She drew, and hand painted this drawing of the picture from my previous post. I am amazed at the talent my artistic siblings have.

20 comments:

Angela @ Canned Time said...

What a beautiful time you are having Emily. I'm so happy for you to be able to concentrate on every new event happening to you now. You know so many of the moms you saw at PG didn't have such happy times with their family or births. You are blessed. Take good care of yourself!

Kristy said...

Sooo cute! They are getting big! I really hope they cooperate so you can see what they are. If they are 36 weeks when you have them they will be perfect!

I don't know if this helps or not, but I used up 200 newborn diapers in one month, but Mayzie liked to poop as soon as I put a clean diaper on her.

Megan and Taj said...

EMILY!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't be more happy.. I am practically bawling my eyes out right now!! What a miracle! You and your sweet little family will be in our prayers!!! I can't wait to see what you will be having!

Cami said...

Oh, those smoochers are SO cute. I love the spooners.

Ali said...

beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!! After 14 years I think I am ready for another baby....

Anonymous said...

Yay! I just re-found your blog (this is your cousin, Mary) and I am so happy for you! I've been praying for you to be able to have children and am thrilled to see triplets!!!! Congrats Emily and KC!

Jonathan and Janessa said...

How fun to get to see them so often! I was a little confused why you kept calling them "he." For a second I was thinking you had already found out. I had a dream the other night they were all girls and you named them Faith, Hope, and Charity :) I'm excited to find out what they are and see more pictures. I hope you get feeling better soon.

Michelle said...

I love the pictures. It's so great that you get to check them out so often and watch them progress. Will you get to do 3D/4D ultrasounds of them? Those are really cool too. I'm so happy for you guys...I've been wanting to send you and e-mail, but it hasn't made its way yet. About the messes...well, you might start to feel up to cleaning up more soon...but then you'll have a lot more help making messes, and it just ends up ok :). I only have one little destroyer around and I feel like I can't keep up!

Jenna said...

Emily, I just saw your blog for the first time in a very long time. And I was thinking, "What is everyone saying about triplets?" CONGRATULATIONS to you and your husband. You are a beautiful mother with an amazing testimony. (Which I also wanted to ask you, how do you grow such beautiful long hair?) Oh, congratulations again, your story is so amazing, and inspiring.

Jessica said...

they are so cute! love the spooning. It is amazing you have so many babies in your petite body. It's too bad they won't make it to Nov 21, we all could have shared a birthday

Unknown said...

What a miracle you have going on in your tiny little belly...isn't it amazing how they already look like tiny people in there. Beautiful!

Natalie and Ryan said...

That drawing is so perfect. What a great thing to remember this time in your life.

melody said...

Wow! Thanks so much for posting these pictures of Gabe and Julia's cousins-in-progress! It is amazing that you get to see them so often. I'm so glad. Can't wait to see more pictures as they, and YOU, grow. Love you!

Ryan and Jess said...

Congratulations Emily! What an amazing story! You look so beautiful and so happy! I''m really happy for you guys

Annie Mitchell said...

Oh Emily I am so happy for you and KC. Those sonograms are amazing. It really is so special what you have :)

Unknown said...

oh how fun! that was my favorite thing getting to see the twins so often! Gave me peace of mind! So excited to see what they are!

Standard of Liberty said...

Yay for the photos! Wow! You are doing a great job of growing those babies. Love, mom

Karlene said...

Oh I'm so happy you posted the pictures of the babies!! Keep 'em comin'. It's so fun sharing this happy time with you and KC!! We're so happy for you! I only wish you guys were in Utah so we could help you when they come! Take care!!

Tracie Frost said...

That painting is beautiful and made me cry.

Your babies are precious!!

(and my morning sickness always gets a lot worse around 12 weeks and then it starts to slowly get better. so here's hoping you're on your way to well SOON!)

Melissa said...

Still so interesting to me that we have the same due date. We must be on the same plan on this one.