Wednesday, September 02, 2009

The excitement never ends.

Of course I am being sarcastic, as excitement is usually not a good thing when it comes to high risk pregnancies such as mine. It seems my body will just not let up on these contractions, and wants these babies out despite the many medications we keep trying. The doctors are doing everything they can to keep them in as long as possible (which I hope is at least a few more weeks, and I think we can make it), as we are trying to stay calm, stay positive, and keep on praying. I hit a wall every other day or so, but try to stay distracted with my mom here (she decided to stay with me! Yay!), and watching movies and playing games, etc.

I have been blessed by many friendly visitors bearing gifts, meals, and great conversation, but I just had a talk with my doctor and he really wants me to keep as quiet as possible, so for the benefit of these little babies, I'm going to have to ask anyone who had a visit planned to maybe save it for later as now is a bit of a stressful time. He is also very nervous about introducing any germs into my little room. If I got sick, things would move along much quicker than we'd like. I love you all, and I wish I could have carefree visits with all my great friends I miss so much. But it's the doctor's orders, and I know he has my family's best interest in mind.

I do have more pictures to post, but I just wanted to get this post out here for the time being, until things settle down. Thanks for all the support and prayers.

11 comments:

Kristy said...

oh my goodness, my computer has been out of commisssion for the past three weeks. So much to catch up on. We keep on prayin that these babies will stay in as long as possible. Bummer about the car, but chin up. All our love!

Merinda Reeder said...

Yikes. Well, then I won't plan a visit as soon as my family gets over our colds. We'll be thinking chill thoughts your direction. But hey, look how long you've held on. This bed rest business has lasted for a bit, so that's good. Prayers your way.

Unknown said...

You just keep up the good work! Sounds like those dr's are taking great care of you! and are doing everything they can to keep those babies in! I know it is hard at times but it is all worth it when they are here in your arms! keep smiling and I am so glad your mom is staying its nice having some support there all the time! lots of loves!

Cami said...

Lame, you are all stuck there with no visitors. Good thing mom stayed!

Corinne said...

I was just thinking about you this morning, hoping you'd update. I'll keep you in my prayers, then :)

Sarah said...

ooh! Good luck!

Unknown said...

Yah for wonderful moms and quiet days!! I can't even imagine the amount of stress you are going through...we will keep relaxing thoughts coming your way!

can't wait to see the pictures!

Janine said...

So that is what a visit from my brother does for you... :) Sorry to hear things are so "exciting" hopefully boring takes over soon. We just had a bout of sickness at our house, and I know it is going around everywhere, so it is probably a wise thing your doctor has requested. Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Wow. We're praying for you like crazy! Keep up the good attitude.

Amber said...

We are praying for you guys. Good Luck.

Alicia said...

Thanks for the update! Glad to know that at least the babies aren't here yet. We're hoping for the best. Discovered tonight that I know your cousin, Mary Lund. She was talking about her cousin who was having triplets and who is a twin, and I said, "is it Emily?!? She married MY cousin!" So that was fun. We're hoping and praying for the best for you--good luck!