Monday, December 27, 2010

The Stockings were hung. . .

To prevent myself from getting too wordy, I’ll give you some bullets of how the wondrous Christmas weekend went down.

Christmas Eve

  • I woke up before the kids! How’s that for a great start to the day? I used that hour to watch a Christmas movie all by myself. Time well spent, I say.
  • Ebelskivers made by the Ribeiras. This was my first time eating the blessed things. And I can’t forget the buttermilk syrup. Wow.
  • Food prep., last minute errands, and good naps (before which there was hysterical laughter coming from behind the door).
  • Decorated gingerbread people to look like ourselves with the Calls. They invited us over, and it was a vey festive way to spend the afternoon. The babies loved exploring/making messes/getting into things. Their kids were so cute, practically glowing with excitement.084
  • We gave the babies their fist taste of eggnog, and I am happy to report that they LOVED it!
  • Opened Christmas PJs from my parents. Cozy slippers for me, pin-striped pants for KC, and lots of things for the babies. My mom gave the boys this hilarious long-john type pjs. We had a good laugh over those . Ruby looked so elegant and pretty in her little night gown. She and Penny looked so darling, matching each other . We them changed them into what they would actually sleep in. The fleece pant sets made them look so grown up (and Alex is in blue again-sorry). Then it was off to bed with them.DSC_0709122125137145148
  • Ate FONDUE! Delicious, delicious fondue. We enjoyed a leisurely dinner, complete with festive nog (eggnog+sprite), and ate until we were sick, as per tradition. DSC_0765DSC_0766
  • We ventured downstairs for the Christmas Eve movie, usually in the theater, but that wasn’t happening this year. But who needs a theater when you have a sister downstairs with a big TV, and Inception on DVD? And the Riberias hadn’t seen it yet, so it was extra exciting.
  • Set up the Christmas haul , took lots of pictures, couldn’t believe Christmas was almost here, went to bed around 11:30 (not bad, eh?)

That’s enough for now. I almost love Christmas Eve more that Christmas Day itself. And this one was especially nice because it just felt like the whole day went according to plan, and who doesn’t love that? More to come. . .

6 comments:

Cami said...

Very fun. Loved the new fondue recipe!

Lili and Jeff said...

They look so snuggley in their matching pajamas. I was just thinking how cute it was that we found baby sized pajama pants. It makes your boys look so old!

We had so much fun this year. We were sad that things are kind of calming down a little bit, because it means the holidays are over. But I guess we still have fun things to look forward to, like ice skating and new years.

SassyMama said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas Eve. My favorite part was that you got to watch a movie all by yourself in the morning:)

I am stealing the egg nog and sprite idea for next year...

Nicole said...

Okay, the picture of Ruby in her comfy pajamas is adorable. I'm so glad that we were able to sample your delicious fondue. We had such a great time hanging out!

Woods said...

Oh my goodness, it looks like the holiday was a blast at your house! Your babies are the sweetest things in the world! I feel guilty saying three kids is hard when I think about your situation. You are so amazing. I look up to you so much. I love you. I noticed in one of the pictures you're wearing your b.o.o.t camp shirt from girls camp like ten years ago....man, I wish my shirt still fit me.

Matt said...

Looks cozy, delicious, fun, and cute.