Monday, December 06, 2010

Two down. . .

KC and I took Alex to the urgent care on Sunday evening after we discovered his slight fever. Lovely. I suspected an ear infection, but looks like his throat is the culprit. No wonder he only took a 20 minute afternoon nap after crying for about 1 1/2 hours, even while on pain meds. But as far as urgent care experiences go, this wasn’t bad at all. We were the only people in the waiting room, and it was closing in about 30 minutes. Of course Alex was entertaining the staff, not acting sick in the least (thank you Tylenol). I’m sure he was a bright way to end a weekend workday during the cold and flu season. We also had a unusually quick time getting his antibiotic filled at the pharmacy next door. We were home in time to feed him and put them all to bed at the right time.

I take back what I said about the nights being okay, because for the past few days they’ve been a nightmare. I lose track of who I am up with, when, and how long I stay up. More often than not, as soon as I am drifting back to sleep someone is up again. My poor sick babies. I’ve learned to get things done during the hours they won’t let me sleep by cleaning the kitchen, or taking a ridiculously long showers. My bathroom has to be cleaned. I think I’ll put that on my list for 3 AM tomorrow. I might be going insane. I’ll keep you posted on that.

Okay Bennett, now it’s your turn. What have you got for us? We can’t wait to find out.

7 comments:

House of Ophelia, Kamtun said...

Hi dear, its Ophelia again. Woa two down, one to go ...

Oh dear now its Alex's turn. Hope yr little girl is ok now. God bless.

Chris and Hilary said...

I'm so sorry! Sounds dreadful. If you need me to take one (or even all) off your hands for a few hours (or days...) I'll gladly do it. I've gotten the handle of two so I'd be willing to try three!

Sarah said...

Yikes. Oh man I am so sorry nights have been hard. I think this stage can be really hard (especially when you have three) between the age for teething and the winter for sickness - their sleep is totally off.

Chad and Bree Fowles said...

Man oh Man. So sorry their sick. I can barley take care of myself sick. I laughed when I read that you take ridiculously long showers cause so do I!!! nice break

SassyMama said...

Ouch.
For all of you.
I hope you all return to your normal sleeping schedule soon!

Matt said...

:(

Cami said...

Ugh! I hate recovery time from the sickness almost worse than the sickness. I hope they bounce back in the nighttime!