Monday, December 20, 2010

‘Twas the Sunday before Christmas. . .

I’m a little bit in denial about Christmas being less than a week away. When I realized that yesterday was the the last Sunday before Christmas, I got a little sad. I love this time of year, and feel like it’s passed me by much too quickly. One thing that did lift my spirits though, was that I got to put the babies in their Christmas attire. I was almost impossible to get a picture of them all together, but I did my best. Of course the pictures had to include what they chose to play with at that moment, but I don’t mind, cause they were happy.IMG_7989

Ruby looked like a little Christmas fairy in her poofy dress (thanks Grandma Robinson). And miraculously, I was able to snap a few shots with her headband on. She got very frustrated when she’d try to crawl, since the dress didn’t allow for that. But her classic scoot was awesome with her full skirt bouncing up and down with her. It was also pretty amusing to see her walk on the wood floor in her tights, poor girl. I couldn’t stop taking picture of my baby girl.IMG_8002IMG_8013IMG_8019

The boys were pretty studly in their sweaters I found to match the dress, not that it’s hard to find clothes that are red, white, and black this time of year. I love my little Christmasy clan.IMG_7973IMG_7981IMG_8034

We decided to go to the Washington DC Temple to enjoy the Festival of Lights. The kids were alright when we were inside looking at all the Christmas trees, but they were a little chilly outside. Ruby made it know that she had had enough. It was fun all the same. Last year, we just enjoyed a drive-thru version, so at least this year we got to get out of the car. Such a great way enjoy a Sunday evening.026030036

8 comments:

Janice said...

What a delight to see all these photos this morning! Ruby is so darling in that dress. I want to eat her cheeks. Thanks for sharing all the photos. It almost felt like we were there still. Looks like the living room has some big changes too.

Savannah and Braden said...

OMG! You're family is so cute it kills me! Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

that picture of you and Ruby is beautiful...you definately need to frame that one!

the kiddos look so darling in their christmas attire, they are growing up much too quickly.

Merry Christmas to you guys!

Kassi said...

LOVE her bow. They look so sweet together! What a beautiful family!

Janice Graham said...

Scrumptious!

melody said...

Ruby is such a cheeser! That one of her face is really so darling. And the boys are so handsome in their sweaters. You did a lot better job than we did of getting a picture in the Sunday best - and we only have two!

Matt said...

Well done, Emily.

Cami said...

LOVELY! They look great and not TOO matchy. (my boys are always too matchy.) Ruby is looking too big!